want t see pics from CMB 80 RSH 2008 Version

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hii Mark,

Thanks for help !!

I bought my CMB 80 RSH from Hobbysupplies but... motor came in with other type of motor head if comparated with web site !!

so... that's why I need new pictures !!

Thanks fr help,

Luiz

i beleive hobby supples is switching out the sleeve for the old green head version..

the current 80 sleeve is junk.. they crack around the exhaust ports.

chris

i beleive hobby supples is switching out the sleeve for the old green head version..

chris

Chris a few boaters are running the current liner in the RS80 by Polishing or cutting the bridge finger back so it does not expand & grab the piston. Our current importer recommends CNC honing. The entire CMB Engine product line is Looking better each year. I like seeing the improved changes for Competiton racing.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Chris a few boaters are running the current liner in the RS80 by Polishing or cutting the bridge finger back so it does not expand & grab the piston. Our current importer recommends CNC honing. The entire CMB Engine product line is Looking better each year. I like seeing the improved changes for Competiton racing.
I have now run 5 gallons off fuel thru the engine with now problems regarding the liner. The engine really screams, but I don't load it to much.

There must be a reason for you to have the problem. I've done no honing, but I have raised the exhaust timing by 5 degree so the engine does flat out on a higher rev. .

I think it is a harmonics RPM issue.. but i am no sure.. it is not just me that has broke them. i know of others.

i do know tom david finally got it to work on his. but he lowered the timings about 10 degree's or so and it quit breaking.

must be a high rpm harmonics.. that is the only thing i can come up with

joe,

we have went a step further and cut it out on the oppisite side of the exhaust and it still cracked.

chris

I've got two in my twin and have had no failures. The motors scream! They are not "junk". Think there are any high rpm harmonics in a twin?

:)

-Buck-

I've got two in my twin and have had no failures. The motors scream! They are not "junk". Think there are any high rpm harmonics in a twin?

I have many CMB 90 and 45 RS and those are junk with tolerances vary from one engine to another. If there was any other supplier besides CMB I would swoop right away, but that does not include the 80RS engine. The 80 RS engine is super rigid and as you write it really screams-. Lovely engine.

i'm with Chris,

i can send you 6 or 7 rs80 p\s all cracked or broken,

i even tryed cutting out the little bit of the sleeve between the transfer and finger port,

then broke through the exhaust,, and every time this happen it went through the engine,

the boats i tryed them in, mono, twin rigger, single rigger

shame, as they made some awesome power and rpm's

regards Aaron

not sure what to say buck.. let me refrase my statement.. they are not junk.. i just havn't had any luck with them.

i know stu has honed his and had good luck.. i just never did figure out why the cracked.

when we did try them and had the hold up for a while i seen lots of good things.. until we had the issues.

chris

Back