Villan Mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

If you own a Villan what did you do differently to it? Did it make the boat better or worse.... what "secret" mods have been figured out?

For me the biggest secret was the kit itself. I could not believe all the innovation when I opened the box, the pics dont do this hull justice, its full of tricks.

Gene ;D

Here's some changes I made to the Villain S1:

1. I made the radio box removable from the hull.

2. I applied the sponson bottom piece as two pieces. The first 11" is applied first, then the remaining section. This really helps assure the back 11" of the sponson running surface is flat.

3. I hollowed out the sponson frames.

4. I applied outside edge running strakes to both outside sponson edges.

5. I'm running 3 oz. of lead in the nose.

6. The prop is a backcut 1440 with the edges slightly cupped.

7. The prop is 3/32" above the sponsons when the boat is placed on a flat board.

Jerry Dunlap

I modifyed one this weekend..

"CRUNCH"

Boat number #0002 is not looking so well..

Docter grim you are wanted in surgery, Docter grim you are wanted in surgery..stat LOL

Grimfixer

oh no... what happened mike? it's a good think the season is pretty much over :-

Tom

It wa my fault..

The boat bobbeld and quit on 6. A racing freind of mine did not see the boat untill it was to late. The transom was just about cleaned off the hull. It can and will be fixed but its not looking so good.

The boat that hit me was placed on a speed gun at 52 the day before. When it hit we was going good and there are chuncks of gellcoat stuck in the head bolts of the motor. It hit the motor dead square on the back. It hit it so hard that the boat flipped over. Now that does not seem like big deal but when you think of the force it must of took to push it over nose first..wow

It was inlighting to say the least and the guy that hit it felt bad.. To bad because it was kind of cool. It will race in lacrosse in tow weeks --i think--

Mike

Sorry to hear that Mike.

But it is the best place to get hit I guess. Would not think of getting hit at any other place with that speed.

Anyway succes with buidling up again.

Greetz

Oscar

WOW :eek:

Tim and I were just talkin about this, We both splintered one last year.

Sorry to hear that Mike, hope its not real bad.

Gene ;D

Hello guys

Villain S1 #0002 is looking better. I have got the large parts glued back together and will be reinstalling the motor bok tonight. I have about two days to fix the thing begore the next test session.

Grimracer

By the way this is one Mod I do not recamend doing. lol

Hea guys

Villain S1 #0002 is back together and staright as an arrow. The boat should be ready to test this weekend. I have to reinstall the motor and replace the water pickup. I also have to dig the gellcoat out of the head bolts. lol

Grimracer

Latest posts

Back