Villain setup tricks...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

ggillman

I will tell ya what worked for me,

Set the CG at 30%, I tried mine at 28 and the hull was loose, go with a Anderson 1440 for your dialins, I tried a Hopper 1440 and the hull was SPOOKY to say the least,

If ya wanna get gutsy set the propshaft 1/8" above the sponson bottoms, 0% on the trim, just watch it she might get lite on ya at the top end. Ya might add 2 oz. weight

to each sponson tip fer good measure. I have mine setup with a adjustable radio box to slide forward or back, so have not had to add any weight so far. And be sure to add the vertical winglet to the sponson, It does make a difference.

Gene ;D

Can you tell what that difference is Gene? Would like to try it on my hull if it would be of any significance.......

Hi Oscar,

When a tunnel hull is running the airflow is going over its surfaces in a straight line, the vertical winglets break up this air flow across the tops of the sponsons so as the hull starts to turn its remains stabile. I had them also on the SAW Sprint. Try them out temporary to see what you think about them.

Gene ;D

Latest posts

Back