Villain Owners/Roll Call

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

ggillman

Hey Guy's

All the Villain Owners check in please, lets see how many there are here!!!! ;)

Gene ;D

Gene Gillman

Kit #0024 (SAW Version) Engine dyno, prop tester, and what ever else I think up ta throw at this pup. 8)

Just finished preparing my Villain(jeez, I have no idea which kit it was, a low number I'm sure) for our Fall Classic to be held on Sunday.

I finished the review of the kit for RC Boat Modeler last week. With luck, it might appear some time next Spring.

There are currently three other Villains running out here in the Northwest.

Jerry Dunlap

Michael "Grimracer" Zaborowski

Proud owner of Villain S1 kit #0002

O yea i have another but it does not have a number as it was made using "Iffy to kit" parts. We will call it code word .Kluge.

Grimracer

I'm also a owner now...a converted XTR owner as well!

Maybe Grim can help ID my hull...it was formerly Tunnelbill's.

Working on a setup with greenhead power.

Later,

Rick

BG checking in here...Thanks J.D. for the info.

My Villian S/N is 0026

Though it's been smacked a couple of times it will prevail...and succeed in it's endevour to conquer all other hulls of similar type.

In my eyes...Villian #1, Dunlap 27 #2

Bryan Good

Rick

I can tell you a little about your hull.. It is around number 0005. It was one of the hulls that were built at last winters building semanar (party). It was bulit by SJH and is well built.

The green head is alot of motor for this hull and could be a handfull. However it should run quite well if you so not set yourself up for a fall. Keep the speeds around 50 and the boat will be there at the end of a race.

Have fun with your Villain S1.

Grimracer ;D

Thanks Grim.

Got the radio in today. Hey... got a question for you. We are having a problem getting a steering wheel for the servo Hi-Tech brand, do you know if they make one for the Hi-Tech? Got a new Hi-Tech with ball bearings an metal gears just wanted to use it. The Villian kit ROCKS!!!

Tim ;D

PB- Racing

p.s. got the bottom flat within .006-.008 is that ok? : :)

Tim

Yea your right, getting a pull-pull for the hitech is a pain. The best thing to do is get a hanger 9 #HAN3513 (small) wheel and cut the back such that you can bolt it to a small hitech wheel. We bore the thing so that half the plastic servo wheel is sticking out the bottom.. hum wonder if I have one here to show you...I dont..crap..

The purple one that you see on Mitchell’s boat is a century helicopters unit that i cut the grove in. The purple ones come in aluminum and fit the hitech servos also. The hanger 9 unit is easier to do.

Let me know if you understand. Im not sure I explained it well..

Grim

Hello, Mike, I too own a villian, Plus one other new boater in my club has one, I dont know what it will be powered by yet. BUt I will let you know when i figure it out. It has been a long time since I have ran a Tunnel, but I will have a co driver, Chuck, (my son) cant wait for it to be finished, Ken

Kenny

Welcome.

Even though you have not run a tunnel in some time you have a super co-pilot with chucky. He is a good kid and a darn good driver.

I wish you many wins with your new VillainS1..

Just remembered that i still need to get a set of decals for the 82-U55 Oboy hull that im doing. I think you said you have a contact for them. Let me know and thanks.

Mike

I know this doesnt pertain to this post, But, [email protected]. This is Wesley Ellet, he is a great guy and does great decals, he is the one that did them on the oberto I had. If he doesnt have it still in his computer, Let me know, and i may be able to send him some drawings, hope this helps, ken

I built a Villian and raced it twice at the end of last year. It will be my stock boat next season. The kit was by far the easiest wood kit I ever built, and the setup was per the instructions. I also am setting up a Leecraft XTR-21 for my mod boat. We'll see what the differences are and how they both work next year.

Lohring Miller

Jim

I got here so that a .005 shim won't go when sitting on my master pink Starrett surface plate. I am going to stop there.

Tim

At our Puget Sound Model Boat Club New Year's Day Fun Run, Ray Ackenhausen, Sr. of Everett, WA brought out his new Villain. Ray won 3.5 Stock Tunnel at both the 2001 and 2002 NAMBA Nats. He is also an excellent model builder and the hull looked really nice. I had forgotten how light just the basic hull was. He commented this was the best wood kit - including many model airplane kits he's built - that he's ever assembled. He plans on clear coating the hull and painting the cowling.

Jerry Dunlap

WHEW HOOO

Jerry that is cool....

I hope Ray likes his boat and that it runs well for him.

Grim

About a month ago I purchased a Villan on e-bay. The radio box and the transom were assembled (number 046). I now have it ready for paint. Plan to paint it red with a polyuathane clear coat and copy the NASCAR number 8 Bud car of little E's. I have a modified OS outboard with an Irwin pipe from another boat that I plan to install on it. I won the APBA Nationals with that engine last year. I have to say this is the first wood boat I have ever built and was very impressed with the way it went together. Bare hull weight with cowl was 1 lb. 10 oz. before I applied a full coat of epoxy. Will post some pics when done.

My 13 year old and I have been into this hobby about 16 months and really enjoy it.

I am a real tunnel boat fan.

Back