Villain Modifications?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent

First… the additions you are making might best be made after the boat is painted. Have you driven a Villain S1 before? If not then think about adding these parts after the boat is painted. Its easy to do as you can just CA them in place and if you do not like them sand them off. Give it some thought.. As a matter of fact I stick tape parts like this in place for testing. If I do not like it.. I just rip it off and try something else.

Allow me to comment on the pictures.

Pic 1: I have tried this on the villain S1 before and the boat really does not need anymore lift. Again if I were to add them it would be after painting.. Just a thought..

Pic 2: This is worth a try for you. I have tried it and found no real improvements. The Villain S1 has shown race after race that it has little to no bad trip habits. It corners fast and stable without this addition. You might try this if you were to accidentally build negative cant in the boat but if built true this is not necessary.

The real key is to test the boat stock.. If you want to change things have at it. Just remember that the boat did not just appear from out of the blue. Much testing and playing around with just what you have added was done.

Keep in mind the following:

1 Build straight and true per the kit

2 Test until you are bored stiff

3 Change one thing at a time

4 Repeat step 2

5 Change it back or move to the next modification

6 Repeat step 2

7 so on and so on and ………

Rock on

Grimracer :D

Brent,

I echo Grimmy's comments. I think what you are doing is overkill. The boat handles extremely well and will turn on a dime if you want it to. The boat works well in traffic and you will have no problems with it handling as is. As Mike said, practice with it stock first and then make one change at a time then.

In the meantime, keep flying high...The Villain rocks.

Snowdog

Here's the problem with the added edge on the right sponson - you are increasing the amount of "grip" to the inside turning edge. This will probably cause the boat to "over steer." I added outside sponson strakes to my Villain and have them on all my new WOF boats.

JD

I agree with Mike, Hes tested this boat over and over and over again.

Its a proven winner stock form.

If you are going to do changes, I would ask him if hes TRIED Them already and if he has had good results.

Brent,

Ii will echo what Mike said too, I've done bout everything you can do to a Villain, but I pretty much left the sponsons in the stock configuration.

The Boat I am testing out ideas with has a Villain center section, but a special set of WOF 28" design sponsons done in epoxy glass, I will be using servo tape to test out mods and change as needed,

Gene Gillman ;)

Back