Veterans day

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

I hope everyone that knows a military veteran will take a few minutes to thank them for their service. Be it stateside or overseas.

Thanks to all our veterans.

Glenn Gates

Some of us dont want to be thanked or remembered. some of us have weent thru some really bad stuff..

O.K, Julian, You had a choice some were drafted. As I recall you enlisted then went back for more. What did you expect peaches and whipped cream. Pardon me for trying to thank our vets. Get over it

I did thank him Phil and he threw it back in my face. No hard feelings Julian or Phil.

Glenn Gates

US Army 1970- 1972

We all knew that we took the chance of not coming back when we took the oath. Some got lucky and had an uneventful time in, some didn't. I personally know what it's like to be shot at, something I wish I didn't and don't wish that on anyone else. Regardless, to those still in harm's way, keep your head down. For all of those that are or have served, THANK YOU FOR JOINING ME IN SERVING THIS COUNTRY

I did thank him Phil and he threw it back in my face. No hard feelings Julian or Phil.

Glenn Gates

US Army 1970- 1972
some poeple where drafted way back in the day. some of us did enlist like i did before this 9/11 stuff happen. Like me i have experienced some stuff alot of people have not even imagined and the list goes on and on. im proud of the service i did to my country but I and like walt barney have stated before some of us hate when these days come up because it brings back alot of bad stuff we went thru and have seen. That i would never get over

Glenn thank you for your service.

No hard feelings

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I brought up any bad memories for you or anyone else Julian. It was not my intent to do so. I should not have jumped on you. Many peoples lives will Never be the same. I know that. I wanted ALL VETS to know they have my gratitude .

I do not need thanks either and their is NO hard feelings at all.

Sorry if I brought up any bad memories for you or anyone else Julian. It was not my intent to do so. I should not have jumped on you. Many peoples lives will Never be the same. I know that. I wanted ALL VETS to know they have my gratitude .

I do not need thanks either and their is NO hard feelings at all.
No problems brother. You served you also deserved to be recognized ;-)

To those who have served and wish to forget and those who wish to remember... Like my Grandpa Ballard, and Grandpa Meeks. Thank you ALL for what you have done and sacrificed. We could not enjoy the freedoms we have today without your service! Everyone please take time to thank a veteran or privately remember...this is not just another day off of work, but a time to show some pride and respect for the ones who did what needed to be done.

And thank you Glenn for your service and reminding us of that fact.

Ben Ballard

Last edited by a moderator:
thankyouvetpic_zps94325e0a.jpg

I too served from 65 to 67. and wish to forget the war.But like to remember to guys I served with..It has taken me 40 odd years to forget and remember..So I know how some of the rest feel..I did what I had to do and served my country...When I came home is when I needed some one to say Thank's...

I try to remember all veterans whenever I can. My father and uncle served in WWII along with my Mom (army-airforce, navy, Boeing Wichita B-29 project), father in law Korea, brother in law and friends Vietnam and Persian Gulf duties, I had draft card but fortunately Vietnam ended my graduation year. My big american flag will be flying in all their honors!

Wallster

Not to side track this, a little personal trivia. My mom was a mathematician for one of the chief engineers developing the B-29 for Boeing. She gave me a book on the B-29 development several years ago published by the armed services while WWII was in full swing. It is personally autographed by the chief engineer and the chief test pilot. It is probably worth $ but it will never leave my family's possession! As we all know the B-29 played a critical role ending the war.

Wallster

I understand what you are saying Roy. It was a **** shame how the vets were treated in the Viet Nam Era. No parades, no thanks- I just got spit on and called a baby killer at the S.F. airport.. That was my welcome back.

All gave some

Some gave all

I appreciate your service Roy.

Thank's Glenn. I landed at Edwards AFB. Sent to Oakland Army Terminal was given breakfast and sent home.They wouldn't let me go home in the uniform I was in..

Back