Vegas Flywheel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68Bud

Hey Everyone, I have tried to reinstall my stock flywheel but can't get it to run true. The closest I can get is .005" runout, which is pretty wobbley, IMO. The tapered brass pinch collar appears to be junk, but I'm open to suggestions in case I'm missing something.

Couple of questions,

1. does the SV27 flywheel come with the tapered brass pinch collar?

2. is the Octura collet better than the stock Vegas one?

Thanks,

Scott

scott,,,,once they get tightened up they are typicaly shot....u can try to re-true the brass ferrule with a file...or buy a new flywheel...

the sv flywheel has absolutely no ferrule,,,just slides on,,the collet holds it tight against the shoulder on the crank...they do run much more true..but if your belt starting somtimes its a pain with that little sv flywheel....

octura collets are great,,i use them on all my .18's...well worth the couple bucks they are...

some people where runnin (other) o.s flywheels on them....

ac

scott,,,,once they get tightened up they are typicaly shot....u can try to re-true the brass ferrule with a file...or buy a new flywheel...

the sv flywheel has absolutely no ferrule,,,just slides on,,the collet holds it tight against the shoulder on the crank...they do run much more true..but if your belt starting somtimes its a pain with that little sv flywheel....

octura collets are great,,i use them on all my .18's...well worth the couple bucks they are...

some people where runnin (other) o.s flywheels on them....

ac

Thanks AC, appreciate the good info.

no problem,,,and good luck buddy...

just for reference,,,is this the aqua engine u are running?? or the super tigre??

stock or modded??

ac

no problem,,,and good luck buddy...

just for reference,,,is this the aqua engine u are running?? or the super tigre??

stock or modded??

ac
Stock Aquacraft .18.

Where are you getting the Octura collets?

Last edited:
i was ordering them straight from octura...only downfall is you have to send a check or money order,,,or do c.o.d but they will pinch u 9 dollars for the c.o.d charge...

let me know if you ever want the engine modded,,id be glad to help...

alden

Latest posts

Back