Valdosta Record Trial?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they had excellent conditions today, any news?
Terry,

I just talked to David Hall.

No records yet but Glenn Quarles' little .12 "A" Hydro,with Ross Quarles driving,had just made an [2.81] 80+ mph pass as we were talking.Ross blew it over in the lights on the return and didn't back it up.

They still have another hour of light and the water is perfect.The weather doesn't look as good for tomorrow.

David ran our .12 "A" hydro this morning and it ran 75 + right off the stand then lost radio and he put it on the beach at 75.

David said the boat isn't hurt bad at all[just tubes].He is going to fix it tonight in the motel room and be ready for tomorrow.

David got some video of the "A" boats and he said if the motel has a hi-speed internet connection he will send them to me tonite.Send me your e-mail address and when and if if I get them I will forward them to you.

Later,Rod

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea if any of the f/e guys got to make any passes today ?? Damm I hate missing that killer BBQ....

Any idea if any of the f/e guys got to make any passes today ?? Damm I hate missing that killer BBQ....
David said there was a guy there with a "4" cell "very small" something but he hadn't done anything yet.

Sorry,thats all I know about FE. :(

Talked to Chris Harris this evening. He got a one way pass at 51mph with his L hydro (4 cell). I believe he said the 2 way average was 48mph, 4mph up from the old record.

Way to go Chris.

good luck out there to everyone..

Terry, I think you missed your calling, you shouldve been a meteorologist...lol

~James

good luck out there to everyone..
Terry, I think you missed your calling, you shouldve been a meteorologist...lol

~James
Yep, Terry on your local TV ......

" tonight's forecast is dark with scattered light towards morning" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(borrowed from George Carlin, remember the hippy dippy weatherman? :p )

Terry would never make as a weather person he is correct on his weather calls too many times. Real weather people have to be worng at least 75% of the time.

Talked to Chris Harris this evening. He got a one way pass at 51mph with his L hydro (4 cell). I believe he said the 2 way average was 48mph, 4mph up from the old record.

Way to go Chris.
Brian do you know if that was with his new C/F rigger he built ?? 51 on 4 cells is getting it done, GREAT job Chris.

Brian do you know if that was with his new C/F rigger he built ?? 51 on 4 cells is getting it done, GREAT job Chris.
I think it was his old 4 cell boat from a couple years ago. he said he's running the new 12 cell boat today.

I think it was his old 4 cell boat from a couple years ago. he said he's running the new 12 cell boat today.
Keep us posted if you dont mind when you hear more, Im VERY curious to see how high he sets the bar with the new boat. Drew

Keep us posted if you dont mind when you hear more, Im VERY curious to see how high he sets the bar with the new boat. Drew
The new boat went 98.xx before he broke it (set the new P Hydro record in the process). Repairable but not for this event.

The new boat went 98.xx before he broke it (set the new P Hydro record in the process). Repairable but not for this event.
Well at least he did get the record and the boat will live to fight another day. I sure would have liked to see him get his 100 mph patch, he deserves it. Too bad the Seaducer fleet didnt make the trip to try and up some of thier mono records, Maybe F/E III. Thanks for the updates Snowman, keep them coming as you hear them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back