Unpopular Frequency

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter12195

In everybodys opinion here, what is the most unpopular frequencys for radios?? I HATE changing channels. :angry:

Thanks for any input!!

Scott Norris

Charlotte, NC

I bought a Futaba 3PK with a synthesized module and set it on ch 79. I have not had to change channels since I did this two years ago. That includes going to gas and nitro nats.

I agree with Bob. Odd channels don't have that many people on them. I think on one hand I can count the amount of people in our district running odd on 75 mHz. It must be a taboo thing. I personally run 74. If anyone comes out to the race with my freq, I usually try and trade them a set of crystal to an open channel. Or suggest they try and find a open channel and start buying crystal for it. I do all the entries so I know who runs what. I let them know what open.

Mike

I run in 20 tunnel on 63, and 40 tunnel and 60 mono on 65. In 3 years I haven't had a conflict here in Elmira NY, and only ran across one other person running on 65, but he was in hydros, I think. It seems like the even channels are more popular, herein District 1.

Fred

Any of the odds channels are your set to go. I run either 63, 67 or 69. With the sythz 3PK, only have to (never needed yet) change the rx cystal.

A lot of races don't allow odd numbered frequencies unless you have a PCM radio. I know that the most popular seems to be channel 70 for some reason. I'd go low or high as the mid channels seem to be the most used.

If there is a way to do it, find out in your district what the people in your class(es) are running on. Here in D-2 with the mono classes, Tony Jacuzzi had his points site that we can find out what the others in "B", "D" and "F" are using, that helps a lot.

i had one other person on my channel at a race.i also have channel 79 on a t3pdf,futaba magnum fm but its a good radio i run my sport tunnel,b tunnel,and 20 mono all off of this one radioi guess i should get some other crystals just in case.

allen

the most unpopular are the HAM frequencies. we have 1 guy in dist 4 that uses them.... he never changes channels :)

A lot of races don't allow odd numbered frequencies unless you have a PCM radio.
You should have no problems with running the odd channels. Since everything was narrow banded back in the early to mid 90's, The odd channels have there own frequency. The only trouble any one would have is if they have not up graded their transmitter and receivers. All the old radios can be narrow banded. All you have to do is send it in to the manufacture. All these old radios are not suppose to be used until the narrow banding is done. Odd channels will not effect newer receivers. They will effect the wide band receivers. The wide band transmitter will effect the odd channels. You would think by now that this myth about the odd channels would go away. If your radios are legal then there will be no problems.

Mike

The new Spectrum Moduals that are on 2.4 ghz and find there own non used freq is the only way to go.

I run my stuff in any chanel thats not taken [synth receivers/synth transmitter] i know the boat crowd seems to like a specific chanel....in the car arena if you want to practice the only way is to be able to change chanels once you get there[just way to many guy's]...

I have run in the 80's as well as the 90's but i don't think you can get crystal that high...

I didn't know that about the odd channels.

I guess I can still learn something new everyday. :lol:

I've been running odd's for a very long time.

-BUCK-

Back