Unlimiteds coming back to San Diego THIS YEAR!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost as important as the race are the new sponsors (Air National Guard and Degree Men). Degree Men will be sponsoring a boat for the race, but I haven't seen which one yet. They have had a relationship with JR Motorsports so this is great news for the series.

Rick

I agree, this is really good news. I wouldn't be surprised to see the National Guard sponsoring the U-25 as most of the other boats have sponsors for the season.

Hey Glenn,

Are you coming down? We will be racing across the the street as always. Would

love to have you all down.

Ted :D

Hey Glenn,

Are you coming down? We will be racing across the the street as always. Would

love to have you all down.

Ted :D
Hey Ted,

About 99% sure I'm driving down. I need to verify I can get those days off again and of course get the Pay N Pak back together.

Roy, you should get the dust off one of your scales, yourself and cruise on down to San Diego :p

Would love to be there but I have a famialy wedding to attend that weekend in Las Vegas.And you know the wife.Vegas comes first.hahahah..Take some good pictures of all the newer boats.

No he didn't say that. He said he has to keep the CFO happy if he wants to get corporate funding for his pet projects. I don't know of too many guys that have a wife/significant other that aren't in that situation. In my case, as long as the bills are paid, I get to play ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I see at least some one know how a company is run.hahahaha..I know I can always get a blank check to get what I want..

I've been a lucky guy,My wife would go with me to the LHS or she order the motors or parts I would need..If I was sitting around she tell me to go to the hobby store and see if I needed any thing..So if you keep them happy..

I am hoping to head down for that. I am involved in a 5 Liter Hydro which will be running there as well. Full access and with the Unlimiteds being there, it should be good.

I have to agree with Roy, my wife is the best when it comes to my toys. She's actually the one that said I have to go to San Diego. She's one in a million.

Let me know where you guys run down there and I'll stop by and check it out.

Dave

Vacation Island has a small lake right across the street from the Unlimited Hydroplane pits. The race starts Saturday morning.

Just got word because of a sizable permit fee added by the city of San Diego the RC races will not be part of the program this year. After all these years its sad to see this happen.

Just got word because of a sizable permit fee added by the city of San Diego the RC races will not be part of the program this year. After all these years its sad to see this happen.
Glenn,

After 26 years of the Muncey Classic the city decided that we would not be covered by the big race

and wanted $800.00 just to use the pond that was built for model boating. Just makes me sick. Need to get a letter

sent off to the Mayor it looks like.

Ted :angry:

Back