Two New TBM FE's Born Today

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running a P-ltd. Lynx for a year now and love it. We made a radio box out of the cut out where the fuel tank normally goes, and velcro the battery in where the radio box normally sits. Got a Shaman from Ron a few weeks back and have plans to build a P-OPC over the winter.

Jimmy you got any pics of this radio box in the FE-Lynx?

Ronald

For the record Jays 2 FE Shaman's are set up for P/ltd,P and Q. The boat we ran at Charleston was a Q with a 1600KV Castle on 5S. 6S is too hot to handle in heat racing on a Shaman. You compromise finishing for speed you don't need. On P (4S) we run a 2200KV NUE and it is not much slower but handles really well over carrying the extra weight of 5S (Q). Do not be afraid to use a Shaman in P/spec/ltd. Lets you roll through corners with more throttle.Hope Randy and Hearl will sign up for STORM #4 and bring it on in open tunnel with the "****NO****FUEL" boats.

Mic
Mic,

I will sign up tonight, sometimes the little hamster falls asleep in the wheel.... :D

I've been running a P-ltd. Lynx for a year now and love it. We made a radio box out of the cut out where the fuel tank normally goes, and velcro the battery in where the radio box normally sits. Got a Shaman from Ron a few weeks back and have plans to build a P-OPC over the winter.

Ronald
Ronald,

I will get some pics of our setup too.

Ronald,

Here are some picks of the Lynx that my dad and I put together. At the end of last season. We weren't sure how the Lynx would do as a FE. So instead of cutting and modifing the deck of the hull. We used the cut out in the back of the hull where the tank goes as the radio box. If we ever decide to run it as a nitro boat, we can just install the radio box that it comes with like normal. We made the servo,esc and rx as cartridge, if we ever have a problem we just pop one out and another in its place hook up the steering arms. Take two seconds to change them out. This set up works for us, not everybody agrees with it.

Forgot this post was about Premo and Hearl coming to the dark side, and going electric! Cant wait to see you guys at SOWEGA. :ph34r: :D

No one out here has done a Lynx yet for P-Ltd, so I'll be the first, though I know that Eric Bourlet was working on one as well.

Will let you know how it goes.

http://www.intlwater...nx&fromsearch=1

It runs pretty darn good from what he says.
It surprises me that this setup, with the cells so far forward, is able to get to the required CG... VERY nice craftsmanship, however! Interesting to see the different approaches people take to solving similar problems.

With my setup, the cells are going to be able to essentially be right up against the transom, and can be moved forward to around mid-ship. The ESC will be on top of the packs, keeping the wires short, and the ESC easily accessible for data logging, replacement, inspection, etc. With this arrangement, I can use a wide variety of pack sizes without having to worry too much about their size or weight. I'm interested in seeing how this setup is going to work.

Thanks for the link and discussion!

With my setup, the cells are going to be able to essentially be right up against the transom, and can be moved forward to around mid-ship. The ESC will be on top of the packs, keeping the wires short, and the ESC easily accessible for data logging, replacement, inspection, etc. With this arrangement, I can use a wide variety of pack sizes without having to worry too much about their size or weight. I'm interested in seeing how this setup is going to work.
I think you will find that this arraignment will suit you best. We have found that the batteries right against the transom is the way to go.

/B

SOWEGA will be a real test, several different config's under full bore heat race conditions, on a 8 lap short course to boot!!!!!!

Thanks Randy.

Ronald
Ronald,

I will get some pics of our setup too.
Ronald,

Here are some picks of the Lynx that my dad and I put together. At the end of last season. We weren't sure how the Lynx would do as a FE. So instead of cutting and modifing the deck of the hull. We used the cut out in the back of the hull where the tank goes as the radio box. If we ever decide to run it as a nitro boat, we can just install the radio box that it comes with like normal. We made the servo,esc and rx as cartridge, if we ever have a problem we just pop one out and another in its place hook up the steering arms. Take two seconds to change them out. This set up works for us, not everybody agrees with it.

Thanks for the pics. Very interesting. How do you keep the lipo dry????

I run a rx battery pack and 1oz of lead in the rear of the boat to balance the CG. As far as keeping the lipo dry, they get wet. I haven't had one problem with a battery yet. I've been running the same Turnigy's for two years. I don't really understand what is so bad about them getting wet. They are sealed foil packs.

I run a rx battery pack and 1oz of lead in the rear of the boat to balance the CG. As far as keeping the lipo dry, they get wet. I haven't had one problem with a battery yet. I've been running the same Turnigy's for two years. I don't really understand what is so bad about them getting wet. They are sealed foil packs.
If you measured the packs, you will likely find that they have higher internal resistance numbers than packs that had been kept dry. Water between the cells tends to add oxidation to the tabs, which builds up resistance. Pushed to their limits, this will affect performance. I doubt you are pushing these packs to their limits with a P-Ltd setup, however...

SOWEGA will be a real test, several different config's under full bore heat race conditions, on a 8 lap short course to boot!!!!!!
Yep, this time next weekend we'll all be standin around tellin "partial truths" :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to it!!

Doug

Back