Twins

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Altimat

I'm going R/C boating this weekend for the first time in three years! ;D I just have a couple of questions for any twin owners out there. Does anyone compensate for prop walk by mixing rudder in with throttle on computer radios? What is a good target weight for a big twin rigger or cat?

Altimat,

I don't do any compesaton for torque. Just make sure your flex cables have at least a 3/16th gap for space for thrust growth and the motors won't stall out as often. My twin 90 is very heavy but very fast. The extra weight is good compensaton for the excessive torque my 90's put out. What size engines are you running?

On a rigger, you adjust the front sponson angles to prevent prop walk and torque problems.

Altimat,

I don't do any compensation for torque. Just make sure your flex cables have at least a 3/16th gap for space for thrust growth and the motors won't stall out as often. My twin 90 is very heavy but very fast. The extra weight is good compensaton for the excessive torque my 90's put out. What size engines are you running?
Mine are Picco .80's. I'll swap you motors! What props do you run and how much is "heavy"? Mine doesn't seem like it will even float!!

i don't have a twin cat but do have a twin rigger and a 50' mono with twins they weigh in at rigger 11.5 and the mono @ 22.5 pounds

the rigger has 2 cmb 45 the mono 2 kb 67's

jimmy

Those are the Precison in Perfection engines, twin and matched 90's. When I say heavy, I mean back breaker heavy. Has to be at least 20 pounds. At the end of every race or fun day I'm in some serious pain! But I do have to say these are the best motors I've ever run.

on my old twin K90 powered rigger the prop walk wasnt too bad once we had the turn fin and props sorted, if your props arnt sharp it will walk

Latest posts

Back