twinn mania

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Heather

This forum is for anyone who loves,owns,and wants a twinn engine rigger, cat,or mono. Share ideas on consistency, speed, and setup. Pics welcomed also

except when you're running a single 90 Tim.

It's better when you only hear one of them going or none at all. :)

Grub - Had a twin and now want another

Another Aussie, this time Dale Heiler winner of x-hydro at the Aus Nats 2002

Have many more pictures but don't want to post too many cause they are a pain in the but at 56k. But pictures are the best way to see what everyone is running.

The twins are the best cause they set the crowd alight everytime they start. When 6 twins cross the start line theres no other feeling and no hearing.

I'm looking at building a twin in the near future but still unsure what hydro to buy? Been watching everyone closely for the past couple of years to find the best boat/engine combination as well as set-ups.

Any thoughts on which hull to run?

Grub

Grub,

I'd suggest if you go for a twin that you get something that can corner hard - this seems to be where some of the current Aussie twins are lacking.

Paul Stirton has his SG twin for sale at the moment if you are looking for a built one!

Personally I can't wait to see a certain new X hydro run at the HV champs and it isn't a twin. Could start a revival in single motors ;)

Working on a twin sgx .84 right now . will post pics shortly. Any ideas on a maximum consistency setup. ???

Hmmm that boat of Dale's looks familiar....

hang on a sec... put a pair of A 90s in it and Bolly carbon fibre pipes and it looks just like mine.... except the front sponsons are a different colour....

EMS Racing Spooky isnt it????

And who can hug the corners with a twin on full noise??? I think you would have to have nerves of steel to even hope to be close to 3 exiting when you just gave buoy 1 a hug too... Somehow I think your reaction times would be tested if you tried.... or your twin just isnt hauling A$$....

EMS Racing Go hard or go home....

Hey,

Are those onboard glows on Steve Winks boat? do they help? Also Whats a good nitro content to ensure consistency as well as speed?

And who can hug the corners with a twin on full noise??? I think you would have to have nerves of steel to even hope to be close to 3 exiting when you just gave buoy 1 a hug too... Somehow I think your reaction times would be tested if you tried.... or your twin just isnt hauling A$$....

EMS Racing Go hard or go home....
Dales did @ the Nat's! It wasn't the fastest at the end of the straights, but for a whole lap it was pretty fast with the right props on it! Fast enough to hold out Wild Bill! I'm sure you would agree that is fast!

Hey,

Are those onboard glows on Steve Winks boat? do they help? Also Whats a good nitro content to ensure consistency as well as speed?
Yes, and he swears by them.

What motors are you running?

Running Mac 84s. I though of using on board glows for consistency. not sure though. Where can I Get a pair?

What's the best way to get consistant needle settings on a twin?

I know with planes, you start one engine and tweak it to max power, then shut it down and do the other engine (instead of synching RPM as alot of people think). Then start both without changing the needle.

Of course with planes, you have the advantage of optical tachs to help with tuning.

Running Mac 84s. I though of using on board glows for consistency. not sure though. Where can I Get a pair?
most people who use onboard ignitors make the setup themselves. It can get a little complicated asfar as the micro switches and added wiring, But when working properly they do help greatly with mill time.

~ James

Back