TWINCRAFTS??? GOOD OR BAD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrotoys

What do you guys think about 41 inch twin craft hulls, I have read some about them, but want to know alittle more about them.

Thanks for all and any info.

Tom

Thinking of buying one? Lotza luck! Steve Speas has temporarily closed up shop and the molds are sitting in John Finch's shed the last that I knew. Other than that, they aren't too bad. What are you thinking of putting in it? There are a lot of good hulls available and more coming out.

i've seen quite a few TwinCraft monos at my Chesapeake club [John Finch is a member, go figure :) ]

the one's John had were housing .60 nitros, another guy had one with a .40 in it, and Mike Tyson's got one with a gas G-23 i think [some Zenoah gas]. they were all really nice looking and handling boats, John's .60s could turn on a dime practically and one that he had set up as an "experiment boat" [he'd made the entire thing just to see what weight reduction would do to the handling] rode just on the prop in the straights but there were a few scares when it got choppy. The other one though was both fast and stable, and one that was John's dad's had taken a huge blow to one side that had been glued up and the hull was just as sturdy as before [he was bending it and pushing at it like the gash wasn't there]

IMO they are definitly worth the money if you can find on, though nothing to compare with a Bandit Pistolero!!! ;) 8)

lol, they really are great hulls

Joe

I think nitrotoys was refering to the Pro 41, which I have not seen.

But the 46" twincraft design has probably been the most successful design mono in Aus for 90 mono and Gas monos. Very good.

Ian.

YES, I was refering to the 41 pro.

Is a slighly used boat i got.

Now do they need trim tabs?

there is none on it, and the guy said they dont need any, only right side turn fin.

Isnt for race, more for sport now,

thanks for all info.

On the Twincraft site before Steve shut it down, He had the complete set-up on it for that hull. I do remember that it didn't have any trim tabs on it. If you have an issue of RCBM from last year that John did on setting up monos, there was one or two pix of the transom of your hull. I don't think that the hull had a hook in it like the Seaducer's, it seemed like they had the CG a little further forward. Could be wrong. Maybe John could help, after all, the Twincrafts were his Babies before he sold it to Speas. I think that his e-mail address is [email protected] .

Thanks Ron, Some time we are going to have to meet up at a pond or lake, I am just a weee bit south of you. I have a summer house in coldwater. Did you happen to see ( denzils) from jims boat dock, cracker at the toledo show?He is right across the lake from me, Watching there boats got me started. So it should be a fun time with them and me, Course he is my uncles Dad. So like family to me.

Thanks for the advise on the twin craft.

I have finchs one book where he kinda shows the set ups, but not clearly.

nitrotoys,

i wasn't sure what sizes those TwinCraft hulls i've seen were, but they were different sizes and all seemed to be built the same way and looked the same [handled similarly too] so unless the one you've got is something different it'll probably be alot like John's and Mike's.

have fun with it and good luck.

Joe

Coldwater isn't that far way for me, just East on I-94 then South on I-69. Yes, I met Denny Saturday and talked to him for a while. He'll remember me. His 'box was really nice, it should have gotten 1st instead of 2nd. He did win last year.

Back