Twin Tank Volume

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, what is a good tank volume to aim for in a twin? Running a pair of 91's. I have a ton of space to work with and don't want to load the boat down with excessive fuel. Thanks in advance for your input.

I'm running 2 - 18 oz tanks in my Roadrunner Extreme with VAC 91's .This is a boat originally designed for 80's . It has always been enough and I like to get right in the water when pit time starts . 20 - 22 oz is a little more desirable as in pit/mill time you can run up to 6 laps or more before the race starts .

I'm running 2 - 18 oz tanks in my Roadrunner Extreme with VAC 91's .This is a boat originally designed for 80's . It has always been enough and I like to get right in the water when pit time starts . 20 - 22 oz is a little more desirable as in pit/mill time you can run up to 6 laps or more before the race starts .
With the space I have available I can fit in a pair of 26's that sounded like a lot. I too run a VAC 91 in my single and with an 18 ounce tank and I've never run out either. I like your suggestion of 20 to 22 to give a guy the extra time it takes to start and launch a twin.

Back