Twin Flex Shafts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heartbeat

I am getting ready to start building my twin rigger (my first)

It will Mac 84 powered

Do you guys use a 1/4" flex stepped down? or straight 1/4"

Any other advice or info would be helpful

Thanks

Mike

1/4" (.250) all the way. Don't take a chance in dropping the prop in the lake if the stub breaks off, which is likely with a 3/16" shaft stub on a MAC 84 engine. Besides most of the props for a 84 engine are 1/4" hubs anyway. You will limit yourself to only about 5% of the available props. I use 1/4" shafts for my 67 and 90 engines.

Thanks Guys

Off to order my stuts

Mike

BTW: Don when do you guys quit running for the year?

Mike,

Here in Charleston we can run all year round. It can get cold in Jan and early Feb but we have no hard water. We plan on continuning through the winter. You have it even better in Fla!!

John

Heartbeat said:
I am getting ready to start building my twin rigger (my first) It will Mac 84 powered

Do you guys use a 1/4" flex stepped down? or straight 1/4"

Any other advice or info would be helpful

Thanks

Mike

74109[/snapback]

Consider running a Square Drive Set up. That way you can run the 3/16" prop drive shaft or a 1/4" and still have 1/4" hooked to the engine. Also a lot less stress on the engines.

Thanks John

I was in Va on Sunday a will be going through there on the weekends the for next few months I figured I might get to see some boats run.

Mike

Heartbeat said:
Thanks GuysOff to order my stuts

Mike

BTW: Don when do you guys quit running for the year?

74203[/snapback]

Well most have already. I will hopefully do some testing in the next week or two weather permitting & if others are going out to run.... :unsure:

Where do you guys run?

If you don't mind will you let me know when you guys are going out there?

I would like to see if my schedule lets me stop for a while.

Mike

Heartbeat said:
Where do you guys run?If you don't mind will you let me know when you guys are going out there?

I would like to see if my schedule lets me stop for a while.

Mike

74276[/snapback]

Well that depends on who else would/could go out. Could be Chesapeake, could be Franklin, could be Springfield............. :blink:

Back