Twin 45 for Heat racing.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremy's old boat that Charles has now was a very stable racing boat. I know I raced it a few times.

O and that Chihuahua humped my 101 SGX one time to.

Just shuck it off and kept going. LOL

Then I had to take it to the new owner when he sold it.

Dang thing kept fallowing me around.
Thank god its in the great white north now.

Pesky little pain in the U KNOW WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Charles great looking boat, do you know what model it is ??? I have a few sgx twins, a twin 67/80 sgx, a twin 90/101 sgx 2, I am not liking the 2 yet rear sponson set up seems wrong ??? Any how your 45 seems to go very well and is finished well.

Kevin.

Hi Charles great looking boat, do you know what model it is ??? I have a few sgx twins, a twin 67/80 sgx, a twin 90/101 sgx 2, I am not liking the 2 yet rear sponson set up seems wrong ??? Any how your 45 seems to go very well and is finished well.

Kevin.
Kevin The 45 is seasons old from my understanding SGX 2 with the old style winglets and no rear sponsons . After talking to Andy Brown the rears are there for easier lanching and if your motors are lacking bottom end pull on older motors. My twin 90 runs the rears and seams fine. Have you played with your strut angles what props are you running. Most of my eagles I have taken off the rear center's. A have you talked to Andy at all about which way to go with the setups. Later Charlie20150104_191942~2.jpg

Thank you guys,
what is the weight for a twin RTR 45? the length? I'll put motuers CMB VAC stock pipe with nitro CMB. 40% what propellers for this set-up?
thank you in advance.
Chris

Kevin.
Kevin The 45 is seasons old from my understanding SGX 2 with the old style winglets and no rear sponsons . After talking to Andy Brown the rears are there for easier lanching and if your motors are lacking bottom end pull on older motors. My twin 90 runs the rears and seams fine. Have you played with your strut angles what props are you running. Most of my eagles I have taken off the rear center's. A have you talked to Andy at all about which way to go with the setups. Later Charlie
We built this Twin 45 SGX complete for Jeremy in early 2013. Jeremy won a major race and the Distric 3 high point championship with the boat in 2013. The only reason he sold the boat was because he was in the proccess of buying his first house and needed a little extra cash.

It is not an SGX-2. The wings are mounted in the same way as the old SG's and the rear sponsons (no center rears or skis) ride above the surface about 3 mm. This is the same set up that we have been using on all of the boats built in 2014 and it is working very well.

The SGX-2 system is also working well for me and some others and I have been doing more testing with the X-2 rear wing set up recently and have been very pleased with the results.

Hi Andy, Charles,

Andy what depth above the surface are you running your rear sponsons on the sgx 2's ??? Mine is about 12 mm above the water which I think is way to high ??? What have you guys found.

Thanks Kevin.

Hi Andy, Charles,

Andy what depth above the surface are you running your rear sponsons on the sgx 2's ??? Mine is about 12 mm above the water which I think is way to high ??? What have you guys found.

Thanks Kevin.
Hi Kevin,

12 to 13mm is right on for the bigger boats. Basically even with the top of a 1/2" strut barrel.

I have been testing a .67 boat with the X-2 wings and rear sponsons that are about 20mm off the surface.

The boat is working perfectly.

Al Hobbs ran a 90 SGX-2 for several years with great success. The rears on that boat were also set at 12 - 13mm off the surface.

The X-2 rear wings are designed to carry the aft end of the boat aerodynamically.

Good boating,

Andy

Hi Andy, Charles,

Thanks Kevin.
12 to 13mm is right on for the bigger boats. Basically even with the top of a 1/2" strut barrel.

The X-2 rear wings are designed to carry the aft end of the boat aerodynamically.
are the wings typically mounted in neutral position? (perfectly horizontal, or parallel to water?)

Kevin.
Kevin The 45 is seasons old from my understanding SGX 2 with the old style winglets and no rear sponsons . After talking to Andy Brown the rears are there for easier lanching and if your motors are lacking bottom end pull on older motors. My twin 90 runs the rears and seams fine. Have you played with your strut angles what props are you running. Most of my eagles I have taken off the rear center's. A have you talked to Andy at all about which way to go with the setups. Later Charlie
We built this Twin 45 SGX complete for Jeremy in early 2013. Jeremy won a major race and the Distric 3 high point championship with the boat in 2013. The only reason he sold the boat was because he was in the proccess of buying his first house and needed a little extra cash.
It is not an SGX-2. The wings are mounted in the same way as the old SG's and the rear sponsons (no center rears or skis) ride above the surface about 3 mm. This is the same set up that we have been using on all of the boats built in 2014 and it is working very well.

The SGX-2 system is also working well for me and some others and I have been doing more testing with the X-2 rear wing set up recently and have been very pleased with the results.
Hi Andy, Charles,

Thanks Kevin.
Hi Kevin,12 to 13mm is right on for the bigger boats. Basically even with the top of a 1/2" strut barrel.

I have been testing a .67 boat with the X-2 wings and rear sponsons that are about 20mm off the surface.

Al Hobbs ran a 90 SGX-2 for several years with great success. The rears on that boat were also set at 12 - 13mm off the surface.

Good boating,

Andy
Hi Andy,Thanks for the info I know we spoke in length about the set up the only thing we didn't discuss is the rear wing set up I may have it wrong can you tell me how it should be ???

Thanks Kevin.

Kevin.

Hi Andy, Charles,

Thanks Kevin.
Hi Kevin,12 to 13mm is right on for the bigger boats. Basically even with the top of a 1/2" strut barrel.

Good boating,

Andy
Hi Andy,Thanks for the info I know we spoke in length about the set up the only thing we didn't discuss is the rear wing set up I may have it wrong can you tell me how it should be ???

Thanks Kevin.
Kevin and David,

The X-2 wings use a very small amount of positive angle of attack. We used different angles on different boats. I will have to do some checking to see what we used on the Twins. In the photo I have of your Twin 90 Kevin, the wings appear to be mounted correctly. I posted the pic here.

David W. We built a few SGX-2 boats in 2006-2008. The wings were used for lift. We are currently testing that set up again on a 67 boat. A pic of the 2014 .67 SGX with the X-2 wings is also posted.

Kevin Morris Twin 101 SGX-2.jpg

IMG-20140903-01145.jpg

Kevin.

Hi Andy, Charles,

Thanks Kevin.

Good boating,

Andy

Thanks Kevin.
A pic of the 2014 .67 SGX with the X-2 wings is also posted.
thanks for your input Andy. Are you incorporating similiar dimensional upgrades on the SGX67-2014 as you have implemented on the SGX45-2014? Extending fuselage length, w/low-profile sponson cross section?

Kevin.
Most of my eagles I have taken off the rear center's
just curious- what are folks using (tools) to remove rear center ski cleanly and safely?

Kevin.
Most of my eagles I have taken off the rear center's
just curious- what are folks using (tools) to remove rear center ski cleanly and safely?
Fordem and a cut off disc and a cores file to remove the glue ext.

Latest posts

Back