Twin .12 Texan...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, here are a couple of pictures of my twin that I just finished. I spent a couple of hours yesterday running the motors in....it is starting to sound pretty cool! Finished weight is 3lb 7oz.

A couple of folks I would like to thank...my good buddy Rod for modding the carbs for me so they can both go the same direction and Mark S. for doing a really nice job on a matching set of props.

I may get the chance to run it today if the wind lays down...

Glenn

Attachments

• twin 12 6.jpg
    twin 12 6.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 0
  • twin 12 7.jpg
    twin 12 7.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 0
  • twin 12 8.jpg
    twin 12 8.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 0
  • twin 12 9.jpg
    twin 12 9.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful job Glenn! I like the shingled sponsons and the ride pads on the stuffing tubes...nice!! :)

Please post a video of it when you get everything dialed...

-Kent

Friends, here are a couple of pictures of my twin that I just finished. I spent a couple of hours yesterday running the motors in....it is starting to sound pretty cool! Finished weight is 3lb 7oz.

A couple of folks I would like to thank...my good buddy Rod for modding the carbs for me so they can both go the same direction and Mark S. for doing a really nice job on a matching set of props.

Glenn
Glenn,

I think that is a very cool boat. Clearly lots of thought went into it. I really like the way the Novarossi mills run-out the front of the tub. I think this is the future for Novarossi set-ups in rigger-type boats.

I came to a similar design for a 21 hull........it must be natural progression. The front exhausting is going to be very friendly to tuned pipe length settings :)

are you planning to put the boat under cowling?

Last edited:

Glenn
Glenn,

I think that is a very cool boat. Clearly lots of thought went into it. I really like the way the Novarossi mills run-out the front of the tub. I think this is the future for Novarossi set-ups in rigger-type boats.

I came to a similar design for a 21 hull........it must be natural progression. The front exhausting is going to be very friendly to tuned pipe length settings :)

are you planning to put the boat under cowling?
Thanks, my plan was/is to put a cowling over as much as I could, but once I got everything together there just isn't an easy way to make something real swoopy. So for now I just settled for the small cover over the front just to clean things up a bit.

Glenn

glenn,

how are the carbon strips that cover the drive line tubes fastend? i am curious

chris

Glenn,

I have a pair of X-442's almost ready to run. I will send them

when I get back from Portland.

Looking Good,

Mark Sholund

glenn,

how are the carbon strips that cover the drive line tubes fastend? i am curious

chris
Chris, it is crazy simple (I try to boil things down the the simplest, lightest ways possible). They are simply CA'd to the bottom of the stuffing stub on the last 3" or 4" (right in front of the strut) and taped (standard radio box tape) to the bottom at the front. I have run them like this a BUNCH on my .12 and .21 boats and have never even changed the tape yet.

They work really well, go around corners like crazy, weight nothing, take almost zero time to build and adjust with the strut.

Glenn

Friends, I have had the twin out twice now. The first time was just trying to get the motors broke in and even though I had a hard time keeping the motors in tune, I thought the sound was even better than I had expected.

I then ran the motors a couple of times in my single just to get a little more time on them.

Yesterday I took the twin back out and after a few more needle adjustments and a prop change it finally started to light up and get the "scream of death" I was looking for...not quite there, but getting closer. I am very happy with the way the boat is working...just plop it in and it drives away, it runs straight and solid, turn good, etc. I'm hoping to get more speed, raceability, etc as I play with it. I will get some video as soon as I can get someone to go out to the lake with me.

Glenn

Looking forward to hearing those .12s screaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to plan on meeting at the Novarossi Pond in a few weeks. We'll have an opportunity to park the smallest twin I know of on the same table as the "bath tub".

I look forward to seeing and especially hearing the twin .12 at full song. :)

We need to plan on meeting at the Novarossi Pond in a few weeks. We'll have an opportunity to park the smallest twin I know of on the same table as the "bath tub".

Buck, I will be there this weekend if you can make it!

GQ

Buck, I will be there this weekend if you can make it!

GQ
I can't make it this weekend Glenn. Looking at the end of Aug. to tune up for the Indy Masters.

BS

Back