Tunnel Setups

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obrien

Supporting Member
Last night I went to Herb Stewart's place to pick up a tunnel hull. Well I ended up leaving with 3. A 40 size hull and a 20 size hull for me, and a 20 size hull for a buddy of mine. Both of the 20 hulls were still in the molds so they will need to be assembled. All of the boats will be set up for electric. I plan on running something like the stock SV setup on the 20 hull, or maybe my ammo 2300 for now. What I need is some ideas for motors on the 40 hull. I am also looking for some suggestions on props. I plan on using the composite lowers from fullers for both boats. The 20 hull will most likely be run as a 2s and the 40 hull a 4s.

Last edited by a moderator:
contact darin jordan on this site. he has converted a few tunnels to fe lately. he should be helpful.

Obrien for the 40 you may want to look into the KB45L series motors. Shorter can than the XL but the specs look to deliver more torque with a higher rpm than the 36mm XL size motors. I have the 8L 2300kv coming in next week for testing in my 36 cat.

Last night I went to Herb Stewart's place to pick up a tunnel hull. Well I ended up leaving with 3. A 40 size hull and a 20 size hull for me, and a 20 size hull for a buddy of mine. Both of the 20 hulls were still in the molds so they will need to be assembled. All of the boats will be set up for electric. I plan on running something like the stock SV setup on the 20 hull, or maybe my ammo 2300 for now. What I need is some ideas for motors on the 40 hull. I am also looking for some suggestions on props. I plan on using the composite lowers from fullers for both boats. The 20 hull will most likely be run as a 2s and the 40 hull a 4s.

Hey Obrien Uncle Herb braught those electric boats up to jacksonville this past week end and I got to tell ya them things hauled a- - I was shocked at how good Herb had the set ups on them.

Back