TT Buggy Engine O/B

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you see the damaged rear edge of the cowl? That area looked like fiberglass bird feathers after I got rear-ended

by a 7.5 tunnel that I just passed on the back straight. I tunnel dove right near the start line (about the 3rd lap) and

it popped up right in front of that speeding 7.5 tunnel, Whack!! Pipe went to the bottom,, bent the TT hinge pin Bad,

destroyed the steering servo and shoved fiberglass into the cylinder fins so hard that I had to use a Dremel tool to

get it out.

This is another engine btw :lol:

P.S., our club has an "Open Tunnel" class,, it's a fun class, 'cept some are just a bigger hammer :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you see the damaged rear edge of the cowl? That area looked like fiberglass bird feathers after I got rear-endedby a 7.5 tunnel that I just passed on the back straight. I tunnel dove right near the start line (about the 3rd lap) and

it popped up right in front of that speeding 7.5 tunnel, Whack!! Pipe went to the bottom,, bent the TT hinge pin Bad,

destroyed the steering servo and shoved fiberglass into the cylinder fins so hard that I had to use a Dremel tool to

get it out.

P.S., our club has an "Open Tunnel" class,, it's a fun class, 'cept some are just a bigger hammer :p
you know jerry i have a 13 pound deadblow if'in ya need it so you have the biggest hammer in da house..lol and i have to admit i got a tunnel from mr.gary on here and it had a braided lead attatched to the pressure fitting and the engine block, i thought to myself "im taking that off" boy now im gonna make some for them all, cheaper than pipes from mark..lol

terry

Can you see the damaged rear edge of the cowl? That area looked like fiberglass bird feathers after I got rear-endedby a 7.5 tunnel that I just passed on the back straight. I tunnel dove right near the start line (about the 3rd lap) and

get it out.

you know jerry i have a 13 pound deadblow if'in ya need it so you have the biggest hammer in da house..lol and i have to admit i got a tunnel from mr.gary on here and it had a braided lead attatched to the pressure fitting and the engine block, i thought to myself "im taking that off" boy now im gonna make some for them all, cheaper than pipes from mark..lol

terry
Stuff happens don't it,, I think that the tunnel that hit me could have exceeded that 13lbs of hammer you got,, letsee

8lb boat going around 50mph,,, yep, I'd say it was a heavier impact. I don't mind the one HTB "HP" at the bottom

of that pond,, it's the two CF GadgetCraft pipes that bothers me :(

get it out.

terry
Stuff happens don't it,, I think that the tunnel that hit me could have exceeded that 13lbs of hammer you got,, letsee

8lb boat going around 50mph,,, yep, I'd say it was a heavier impact. I don't mind the one HTB "HP" at the bottom

i have a new gadjetcraft in my box.. not sure im gonna use it or not..

terry

The Gadget worked well for me on My modded original TT O/B's which were short stroke design. I left

the .300" ID stinger full length to build extra heat in the motor and it worked perfectly. Ran it on the

Mac O/B full length stinger and shortened,, it didn't like it either way for some unknown reason.

I still have one left to try on My O.S.21VZ-M power head. I ran Hoppers "HP" pipe on that one the last

season I raced and it worked perdy good in the spring session but the engine developed a "runs

faster at half throttle" when the weather got hotter. Must be a pipe volume thing,, I think I'll fill

both pipes with water and see what the diff is.

This is The VZ-M,, NEO I call it, "The One"

get it out.

terry

terry

well you know where to send that gadjet when you dont use it....lol..... thanks for the rub in terry........ just keep twisting that knife...lol

i think my htb 290 is gonna be happy to see a new evo tt,,,

alden

How did you get the VZ-M to mount to the lower unit? Is there a homemade PTO, or Crankshaft made for that? I am very interested!

alden
Alden,

I think you will like that combination. It's what I'm currently running. I'm using an SPP NR21OB pipe with 0.270" stinger on mine and it has been working pretty well lately.

Kesso, OzBryan, Poolschool, or Murph can testify to how it runs if you want an objective opinion. They saw it run on Sunday just passed.

Tim.

How did you get the VZ-M to mount to the lower unit? Is there a homemade PTO, or Crankshaft made for that? I am very interested!
It uses a modified TT PTO (easy job), and the OS crank has to have the crankpin bored and a pin pressed in to drive the PTO(HARD job).

tim,,,, im sure i will be happy as jerry did the work,,,,who learned from you,,,the tt guru,,,, what i would really like your insight on,,, is a carby for the evo,,,, me and jerry have been discussing it and i would like to hear what you think..... pm if youd like....

alden

You might not be aware that the Thunder Tiger O/B has always had a set of "spiral bevel gears" that allows an I/B

or buggy engine to be used and them gears will reverse the rotation to turn lefthand props.

The problem lately has been that the TT O/B parts and whole motors have become extinct. The ability to use a

diverse array of powerheads is a big plus in my book. I normally use a buggy engine that cost's as little as $115,,

a rod is $9.49,,ect.

JW

tim,,,, im sure i will be happy as jerry did the work,,,,who learned from you,,,the tt guru,,,, what i would really like your insight on,,, is a carby for the evo,,,, me and jerry have been discussing it and i would like to hear what you think..... pm if youd like....

alden
No secrets here - I'm now using an OS 21D carb, on which the low end metering valve is opened up.

alden
No secrets here - I'm now using an OS 21D carb, on which the low end metering valve is opened up.

thanks for the reply tim,,, now another question for ya,,,,, the 21D,,, is it more of a WOT carb,,, or does it transition well????????????? the 20J which jerry told me about has worked well all around for me on the original tt.... this is the route we talked about going on the one jerry is sending me... i typically need a carb i can chop the throttle on and still be able to get it back up on pipe quickly..

alden

alden

thanks for the reply tim,,, now another question for ya,,,,, the 21D,,, is it more of a WOT carb,,, or does it transition well????????????? the 20J which jerry told me about has worked well all around for me on the original tt.... this is the route we talked about going on the one jerry is sending me... i typically need a carb i can chop the throttle on and still be able to get it back up on pipe quickly..

alden
Well your gittin' one (20J),,, you get a 21D and it's goin' to have to go clear to Oz an back to use it,,

hell, I haven't even used one.

In fact, Tim bought Mine! :lol: ,, it went to Oz an back, and Back to Oz Again,,geez, what a whirl

I do modify the 21D metering valve- it won't transition on 40%+ nitro fuel unless it's been "adjusted". Full rich on the low end isn't rich enough otherwise.

JW is happy with the 20J on his - I never tried that carb on the evo motor. I wanted to keep my 20J on my Stock OS motor.

I think I just read somebody went 70 with a (ok, "near") bone stock XM,, wonder what carb that had?

get it out.

terry

terry

well you know where to send that gadjet when you dont use it....lol..... thanks for the rub in terry........ just keep twisting that knife...lol

alden
not to interupt the convohere alden , but you can pm me and make a offer on it, i really do not think i am going to use it at all, lmk

os rules...lol

tk

Latest posts

Back