TS 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Whitt

Would this make a good Q powered OPC ?? I really like that Rinker look.And with some mods it appears to be a good candidate for a FE conversion.

It may be a little on the short side for 18 cell power and a few of the nitro guys are complaining about the hull splitting at the transom bottom. Bought one recently from Steve V. but haven't had time to mess with it. I intend to dissect it, remove any uneeded weight (34 oz. bare), install a battery box and maybe beef up the transom. Will let you know what I find.....

Would this make a good Q powered OPC ?? I really like that Rinker look.And with some mods it appears to be a good candidate for a FE conversion.
Dennis, I just converted mine from 12cell 700 power (too slow, but then again most OPC's running 700's are). After its first test it now runs a 8XL and scoots somewhere in the 40's, the only problem I have had so far is the extra speed causes high speed turning problems. But that is most likely a servo torque issue, I just put in a HS-945MG, it was running a HS-635MG and just didn't have enough torque in the corners now that it has some real speed to it.

Now that it is fixed, pending testing, it will be a great 12 cell boat, not sure if it is big enough for 18cell power. I think dialing it in, and getting the right prop, will get the boat to what the hull was designed to handle, any more power and it will likely fly off the water.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be a little on the short side for 18 cell power and a few of the nitro guys are complaining about the hull splitting at the transom bottom. Bought one recently from Steve V. but haven't had time to mess with it. I intend to dissect it, remove any uneeded weight (34 oz. bare), install a battery box and maybe beef up the transom. Will let you know what I find.....

Don't forget about the bouncing in the corners

Latest posts

Back