Trying to identify a seaducer like boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeAlbrecht

I have a boat I thought was a 20 Seaducer mono but after buying a new 40 Seaducer I am not sure. The 20 mono has strakes on the bottom and the transom has no hook in it its just square. the hull seems taller and there is no label on the inside of the boat but other than that all seems similar. Please let me know what you all think

thanks

George

Might be a Newby Craft,Steve Newby made a 20 boat that was similar to the Seaducer. They ran really well...I raced one for years. Now I let a friend of mine play with the boat,still running strong.

Look Old style Seaducer 20 mono sub- drive (first version) Contact to Jerry Crowford will help you

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes George, definitely an SD 1 seducer. and it dose have a hook. here is mine. I changed the hardware since this pic. I was going to set mine up surface drive like you have done, but a lot of guys said they did not have good luck with the SD1 as a surface drive boat. others said there sd1 did great so I just left it set up as a sub surface drive. I am very happy with it. it is very competitive and I place regularly with it. It still has a little chine walk,I cant get rid of. I love mine its fast.008.JPG006.JPG009.JPG

I have a Newby craft and it definitely looks like the one I have. Mine is not surface drive. I was thinking about converting to surface. Still on the fence. I love the hull drives great. I would be interested in how the surface drive works for you. I am running a K&B 3.5 with exhaust throttle.

James an update on my 3.5 boat. I won the first heat race it was in. The water was very rough and windy. The second heat the wind was worse and I flipped the boat trying to turn too hard. The radio box got wet and I scratched the 3rd heat. I would have to say the boat ran very well in tough conditions. I just need to be a better driver

Congrats , good to see some older hulls live on , I run an ancient sub surface Seaducer B-Mono (40) , great old boat , and the fact I dont worry about hurting it helps
default_laugh.png

George

That is great. i have been tuning on mine. The first race I entered it was way to loose and had my hands full. I have it doing better now. Looking for the next race to see what happens.

Latest posts

Back