Trying to get a Road Runner Twin back on the Water.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philmunsterman

I just got this in the mail today. The Guy I bought it from knew nothing about it. It looks to be in good shape. K&B 67's. I will be needing a few things. Does anyone have a set of used Pipes or Props that might work ?

roadrunnersideviewyard.jpg

roadrunnerrear.jpg

roadrunnerkbs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil,

I have a set of 1467, 1465, or 1462's.

Most ran 1400 series back in the day on that set up.

I may have a set of pipes also. Send me your address and I

will put it all in the mail tomorrow for you.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Phil,

I have a set of 1467, 1465, or 1462's.

Most ran 1400 series back in the day on that set up.

I may have a set of pipes also. Send me your address and I

will put it all in the mail tomorrow for you.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Thanks Mark. I'll PM you my address. Phil

If I were you get a hold of Joe W./Julian C. ...I am surprised that they have not given you there opinion of what to do. Good luck on your Twin project.

well nice Twin phil. thats a very old Twin very similar to what i had when i 1st started running Twins its probably over 15 years old but still a good running boat.. heres a few things i would do;

1)Update the boom tubes those ones will work but we use smaller tubes

2) replace your pushrod seal with the Aeromarine ones

3) Run a rudder from speedmaster with only 1 water pickup

4) Replace your struts and use extended struts also offered by speedmaster hardware

5) presure test your tanks or get another set from walt barney give him the measurements of the current ones you have

6) Get a Updated cowling from Ralph Almirola provides better down force and aerodynamics

7) Steering servo Hitec 5755MG will be perfect

8) have a Bell Crank set up for throttles using only 1 servo

9) Have working 3rd Ch using another Bell Crank similar to the throttle servos

10) BVM needle valves are the best for our application

11) I would talk to Ralph Almirola to see if he has the time to talk you on the phone to get the boat Tabled to the proper specs or send him the Twin and have him do it for you if he has the time.. [email protected]

12) If you are planning on keeping the Twin and racing it i would suggest extra boom tubes,cowling and Front sponsons.

13) ******Email Ralph *******

thats what i would do. Alot of people will tell you something different but from my personal experience I tried to do everything myself and it was all over the place and i was fighting the Twin left and right and followed other peoples advice. i went strait to ralph the builder of our Twins and we did everything listed above before it even went in the water.. Hes the best at what he does.. never had a problem since then..

cant give you the measurements because its a old Twin and we are 6 to 7 generations ahead of that twin it will run good trust me if you follow the right advice..

Julian

Those boom tubes should be fine as they look like 5/8ths booms . i have some OPS 67 pipes if you need some .

Julian looks like an Extreme 67 / 80 boat like mine ...and you know what it can do to you !!LOL.

Julian, Thanks for the Advice. Could you post or PM me a pic of your Radio Box Set-up ? Everything has been stripped out of mine. Thanks Phil

Those boom tubes should be fine as they look like 5/8ths booms . i have some OPS 67 pipes if you need some .

Julian looks like an Extreme 67 / 80 boat like mine ...and you know what it can do to you !!LOL.
tom looks like thats a full boat.. the Extreme 80 Twin has a smaller Bait BOX but i could be wrong..

last time i remember you have been getting your azz kicked by this young man LOL.. you are 0-4 against me old man :p miss ya

PHIL whats the measurement of the TUB please

thats not a extreme 80 tub thats what i wanted to know.. its a regular RR Twin from before the Extreme series of RR Tubs.

its the measurement if the engine compartment 6 inches from wall to wall and also what is the measurementfrom the wall to the center bulkhead where the middle mount is at??

thats the same boat i had a while ago same dimentions. its a really good boat.. ill try to find a pictures of the radio box setup

Here is a photo from my 90 Twin I got from Don a few years ago . In my Extreme - X - 91's , i use one servo and a split pushrod that has worked well for many years but this bellcrank setup is better .hope this helps .

1106120554.jpg

Here is a photo from my 90 Twin I got from don a few years ago . In my Extreme - X - 91's , i use one servo and a split pushrod that has worked well for many years but this bellcrank setup is better .hope this helps .
Do you ground flat spots on the rods to keep the allen bolts from slipping ?

You going to Holten? We are headed to see Scott Wadlow to buy a mill maybe we can stop by the lake

Latest posts

Back