Traverse city, MI

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeWScott

While out hunting the elusive black morel this weekend, I stumbled upon a pond that is perfect for model boating. It is on State land. It's not restricted as far as boats are concerned, you can have motors on this Lake. There are some lakes around on the National Park that do not allow any type of under water propulsion.... Does anyone know the rules for these Lakes on State Land?? I'm going to look into it. It is awesome, easy access, very protected, super isolated & no houses which is rare around here. We live in the boonies so to speak & every lake has homes, I mean the smallest puddle will have a McMansion on the darn thing! Anyway, hoping to get a little more interest in the area, I think there are only 4-5 of us, maybe, who run boats on a regular basis.....

Thanks,

Joe Scott

Cedar, MI

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe,

You should look up Mark Sholand. He knows more than a few things and lives up in TC.

Mark McCray

Hi Mark, Mark & I are good buds. We live about 10 miles from each other. I hang out at his shop & just drool. We run together, but the pond we go to isn't the greatest. This new one is IDEAL....And only a few miles from the other pond.

While out hunting the elusive black morel this weekend, I stumbled upon a pond that is perfect for model boating. It is on State land. It's not restricted as far as boats are concerned, you can have motors on this Lake. There are some lakes around on the National Park that do not allow any type of under water propulsion.... Does anyone know the rules for these Lakes on State Land?? I'm going to look into it. It is awesome, easy access, very protected, super isolated & no houses which is rare around here. We live in the boonies so to speak & every lake has homes, I mean the smallest puddle will have a McMansion on the darn thing! Anyway, hoping to get a little more interest in the area, I think there are only 4-5 of us, maybe, who run boats on a regular basis.....

Thanks,

Joe Scott

Cedar, MI
We have the same problem up here in Minnesota the "Land of 10.000 Lakes" People live on most all of them, and don't like to share them with toy boats,most of the rest of them are too weedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe,

We will have to check it out this weekend if you are not busy

getting Morels. :D The 12's and 21's are just about ready to rumble.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

TVC Airport

I will be available this weekend for sure. Got Soccer Saturday morning, the 7 yr. old, not me.lol Let me know your schedule & we can get out there....

Latest posts

Back