Toughest call for the cd was who won the heat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Stubbers

The 1st Annual Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship had many exciting moments. One of these was heat 1B where Jeff Stübbers' 1983 Miss Houston took Gary Jensen's 1971 Hallmark Homes for a 3.5 lap ride and Finish!

houston-hallmark.jpg

All in all, it was a great race and fun time! We will definitely be back next year!

I felt sorry for the CD.... what to call... what to call... :rolleyes: :lol:

Looks like he would have crossed the finish line ahead of you. :D Guess you could make the argument that he wasn't under power.. What was the call? Great picture..

Charley

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the real question is.... If he got a lap penalty for running up my deck, should I go the extra lap for him to get a finish?!?!?! ;) :blink: :lol:

Well, if that was the case, I certainly would have done it for him. :)

In fact, I was trying to make nice smooth, sweeping turns so the Hallmark wouldn't slide off.... and it worked! I was able to bring him back to shore! B)

Jeff Stubbers said:
Now the real question is....  If he got a lap penalty for running up my deck, should I go the extra lap for him to get a finish?!?!?!  ;)   :blink:   :lol:
Well, if that was the case, I certainly would have done it for him.  :)

In fact, I was trying to make nice smooth, sweeping turns so the Hallmark wouldn't slide off.... and it worked!  I was able to bring him back to shore!  B)

68705[/snapback]

Jeff

You DID charge a fee for bringing in his boat didn't you. Great Pic I have save it for the "wall paper"

Great driving job !

Hey Guys,

Looks like thier trying to make babies! Now I wonder, if you cross a shovel with an early pickle what do you get? A nasty gerkin? :blink:

Paul.

I would have to say that those are two really well built BALANCED boats. ;)

Al Waters

Race Director - Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship

Is that a Mac 67 pushin at least 25 to 30 lbs around the pound?

My CD call is that the Ms Houston wins and the Hallmark gets a DNF, but thats one hell of a parking job :D

Last edited:
Yes! That is a MAC .67 pushing both boats around for 3.5 laps. Ha ha I can see it now... "MAC engines - One engine is enough power for 2 boats!" :lol: heh heh heh...

:unsure: Hmm... Yeah, you're right! That did have to be at least 30 lbs going around the pond for 3.5 laps. As a matter of fact after I pulled it to shore and shut her down, my boat was forced completely underwater due to all the weight! :blink: :huh:

Paul Pachmayer said:
Hey Guys,
Looks like thier trying to make babies!  Now I wonder, if you cross a shovel with an early pickle what do you get? A nasty gerkin? :blink:

Paul.

68737[/snapback]

Well it's either gonna be a Hallston or a Houmark! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back