Top Speed 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez

Does anyone know if the finish on the Top Speed 2 is gel-coat or paint?

I am getting ready to order one. If the finish is gel coat, I would order a white one so that I can paint it.

From the several threads on this forum, I got the impression that the hull came painted. If it is the case, does anyone know what kind of paint the factory used? I want to make sure I can match the color if repair is needed.

Thanks,

Kez

Here is what Russ Williamson said on the other thread "TS2 in order to repair" 2nd page

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=11409

Each TS2 is painted and clear-coated. Without the inner support the paint could crack in certain areas, even though the paint is flexible. There are a few out there as mentioned, but a whole lot more that are not.......

In stating that, important for all of us to help the new guys/gals as much as possible at the lake and on this site. We put IW link in the TS2 manual, so odds are a few of them will show up at the races and local ponds and on here.

We are working very hard to grow the marine market and the most important part is to have the right product, plus high quality product at an affordable price. In turn, this should not take away from the quality. We will get better and improve, that is always the goal.

Thanks!

Rw

<_<

An excellent base, to do a painting with finished style full moon of craters and cracks. :D

Gatt.

JD,

That I believe, I believe that it was eaten without cooking, And not alone was mine, if not all the lot that sold of white.

It has to pay more the Chinese

Gatt.

The terms "made in China" and "quality control" aren't always seen together, but I'm sure they will rectify any issues they are made aware of.

They are very well made for the price in my opinion. You would be hard pressed to find anything cheaper of better quality in 'glass.

I've seen a couple crack already from blow-overs. They are cracking at the front of the sponson and cockpit area on the seam. :angry:

2ridgebacks said:
I've seen a couple crack already from blow-overs.  They are cracking at the front of the sponson and cockpit area on the seam. :angry:
111405[/snapback]

Guys,

lets not get carried away with all this, you wouldn't buy a Pontiac of the floor and attempt to qualify it on pole position in a Winston Cup round, I hope!

If I was to purchase one of these boats for $100, I would not for one second, expect to be buying a product the same quality of another boat, twice, three or four times the price.

The boat seems to be good design (the NAMBA results prove that) at a very low entry price.

I am sure that the guys were pitching this boat at the entry boater.

My suggestion is to take advantage of the low entry price, invest some time on the boat to improve it, strengthen it where it needs it (before the bot hits the water)and enjoy it. Even race it!

But, if you want to win races, and or run the boat hard, go buy a Lynx, or build one of Grims boats.

Just my pennys worth!

Regards

Mark

Sydney

theringwah2002 said:
2ridgebacks said:
I've seen a couple crack already from blow-overs.  They are cracking at the front of the sponson and cockpit area on the seam. :angry:
111405[/snapback]

Guys,

lets not get carried away with all this, you wouldn't buy a Pontiac of the floor and attempt to qualify it on pole position in a Winston Cup round, I hope!

If I was to purchase one of these boats for $100, I would not for one second, expect to be buying a product the same quality of another boat, twice, three or four times the price.

The boat seems to be good design (the NAMBA results prove that) at a very low entry price.

I am sure that the guys were pitching this boat at the entry boater.

My suggestion is to take advantage of the low entry price, invest some time on the boat to improve it, strengthen it where it needs it (before the bot hits the water)and enjoy it. Even race it!

But, if you want to win races, and or run the boat hard, go buy a Lynx, or build one of Grims boats.

Just my pennys worth!

Regards

Mark

Sydney

111409[/snapback]

Very well said Mark and glad to see you put it back in prospective. I am highly disappointed that this has happened with the few that have had a concern. As mentioned, it is no problem to take care of these consumers.

We have taken steps to rectify the concern, way before the first production run was completed and before we actually knew it might be a problem. The next production run hulls are about the land in a few weeks and this will be a mute subject after that time :)

Also, on the competition side, I think it is important this is the first year for the TS2. However, I'm not satisfied with just having the best priced product that works great.....I want it to be the best in all areas. We will not stop testing and working for this until it becomes a reality. It is going to take time, but it will happen in the future......Once on top, HTB, the Lynx, or Grim's or somebody will knock us off the top, then you do more changes and innovations and move back to the top. That is what is great about competition, it benefits all the consumers with better product each and every year!

Have fun!

Rw

Jerry Dunlap said:
The white hull would make an excellent base for application of other colors.
JD

111387[/snapback]

Jerry,

Would you know what kind of paint was used on these TS2?

Is there any plan to release a 'as moulded' version for those who want to paint it?

Thanks,

Kez

I do not believe there is any plan to release a "molded" version of the TS2. I would recommend sanding a white hull with 400 wet/dry paper to provide better adhesion for paint.

JD

Back