To all my friends in Australia.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Aye Mates,

I just watched a newsreel on ABC's "Good Morning America" about the fires in Australia. This was more than I had ever seen before, not burning trees or grassfires, it was a wall of flame kicked up by high winds and dry condition's to a level that was just plain scary!!!!!

I wish you all well. Stay safe guy's ;)

Gene ;D

Gene,

We had the fires in our area just before chrissy and during the chrissy break, these fires are in Canberra about 2.5 hours south,

i have a lot of friends that live down there and so far they have been lucky and havent lost anything yet,

around 400 homes have been burnt and 3 people have died and 3 mazda rx's have been burnt :(

Dale

Hi Guy's

It's rather strange here in Canberra at the moment. A lot of people have lost everything to the fires and they way they swept through with the wind behind them there was really nothing anyone could do.

On the worst day at 2.30pm in the afternoon it was black more like 10.30pm. I have a bunch of photos of the last couple of days. It's really weird to have a yellow sky with all the smoke. It's sort of like really heavy fog but smells and is difficult to breathe.

We hope the worst is over but there are still high alert status for a lot of areas here as we are continuing to have +35c days, 0% humidity and they are expecting strong winds again today.

GT

jeez,

i didnt know about that, hope you guys pull through okay.. we dont have many fires here, but i can imagine that they are pretty scary :-[ :'(