Medium Tight fit 90 degree drill attachment.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisHerzog

Supporting Member
I posted this on the General Forum but it really should be here.

I used to sells these when I was a Matco Distributor but I know most good tool trucks carry them. I’m not sure if anyone with a brick and mortar business carry’s them but I did find it rather easy on line.
It’s a 90 degree adapter for your drill. They sell all kinds of tips for it but I mainly use it for drilling holes in tight areas of a boat hull. I have included a picture with some of the tips that I have just to mainly show the different length drill bits. I have owned this tool for close to 20 years and still use it on almost every build I do.

Attachments

• EEAC2E7C-7CC4-4FF3-AD90-D9E36361E30B.jpeg
    EEAC2E7C-7CC4-4FF3-AD90-D9E36361E30B.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 121
  • 38E298B2-A3BA-4A94-AEDD-0E926E89865F.jpeg
    38E298B2-A3BA-4A94-AEDD-0E926E89865F.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 118
I posted this on the General Forum but it really should be here.

I used to sells these when I was a Matco Distributor but I know most good tool trucks carry them. I’m not sure if anyone with a brick and mortar business carry’s them but I did find it rather easy on line.
It’s a 90 degree adapter for your drill. They sell all kinds of tips for it but I mainly use it for drilling holes in tight areas of a boat hull. I have included a picture with some of the tips that I have just to mainly show the different length drill bits. I have owned this tool for close to 20 years and still use it on almost every build I do.
Chris,
This tool looks to be very handy,
What kind if price range are we talking?

Chris,
This tool looks to be very handy,
What kind if price range are we talking?
They start around 38.00 and go up from there depending on what kit you get. I can’t remember what the individual bits cost but none of it is to bad. I think if I were going to do it again, I would get the basic kit and order the specific drill bit sizes that I use in maybe two different lengths. I have two different length extensions and some different bits that I have never used that came in the original 75.00 kit that I bought. The 1/4” drill bit and the different drill bit that I bought for 4-40, 6-32, 8-32 and 10-24 are what I use the most.

Have never seen one with threaded attachments before.. usually just a pull down collar to click the bit in place..
Frank, the threaded tools are commonly used in aviation, I see them all the time at work. Unlike the commonly used "pull down collar", which can have the bits fall out and become FOD(foreign object damage), the screwed in tips can't fall out unless the driver they are attached to is run in reverse and the tip/fastener is jammed. You can order sets from Aircraft Spruce with prices starting at $59. Replacement bits and tips can also be ordered, short bits starting at $2.50 and going up from there

Back