Thunder Tiger Bandit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Mylonas

Looking for the pro's and con's of running the Bandits , they look like value for money but do they go alright....?

Good looking boat but i think like others best buy for the bang is aquacraft inboards and easy to drive for a beginner

I think you would be much better off getting the VS-1 from Aquacraft. Its like 150 bucks and its race proven. Hang an O.S. off the back and youll be right in the mix of a strong stock tunnel raceboat. ;) I would go with an Aquacraft TS2 way before this "Bandit" also.

Larry Jr.

I think you would be much better off getting the VS-1 from Aquacraft. Its like 150 bucks and its race proven. Hang an O.S. off the back and youll be right in the mix of a strong stock tunnel raceboat. ;) I would go with an Aquacraft TS2 way before this "Bandit" also.
Larry Jr.
I agree completly....The VS-1 is a proven hull and looks real nice, and i raced a TS-2 for 2 seasons...pretty darned good hull for a hundred bucks!! Still have it...same ol story..... the faster you want to go, the more it costs!!

For those that like the Bandit/TTR .21 combo I have a sale posted in the Manufacturers Distributors section. Great price for boat & motor.

Bob

I really have no experience with the bandit hull, but a properly modded tt o/b rips!

Alden

I really have no experience with the bandit hull, but a properly modded tt o/b rips!

Alden
Bingo!

For the price of a new XM you could have this fully modded with a pipe and header. Now if we could just

round up the parts sourcing.

you also can have a "His" or "Her's",, you could put a little pink on there somewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul,

We had a guy show up at our club pond with the RTR TT bandit hull - & we couldn't get the shocking porpoise out of it. It bounced like a kangaroo. Engine up, engine down, CG forward, backward etc, it was still a bouncer. Servo's in it were VERY slow, and the linkages were nasty looking. This one might have been the exception to the rule, but it's all I have to go by at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul,We had a guy show up at our club pond with the RTR TT bandit hull - & we couldn't get the shocking porpoise out of it. It bounced like a kangaroo. Engine up, engine down, CG forward, backward etc, it was still a bouncer. Servo's in it were VERY slow, and the linkages were nasty looking. This one might have been the exception to the rule, but it's all I have to go by at this time.
Hi paul, i have a bandit ,and like tim said ,i couldnt stop it from kangaroo hopping,tried everything,eventually packing the motor as far downward as i could (put in extra spacers) and a couple decent sinkers,fixed the problem ,but would never be a competative boat,just good to play with,hey if you dont mind coming last all the time ,go for it ,at least you will finish the race,but its all in fun anyway,best of luck,peter.

Latest posts

Back