This is AWESOME

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing video, thanks for the link. It's a real shame our shuttle program is no more. We used to do some amazing things with taxpayer dollars...Now, not so much.

I will miss watching the shuttle go up. mostly I will miss the very loud window shaking feel it in your chest BOOM BOOM when it came home.

David

VERY impressive Ron- in what might I ask ?

Andy
Well Andy:

Some of the people in this forum know I was in the Dutch air force, they fly F16. Thats what I flew. But......

I "never" went above the Fl 480 or 48.000 ft with that thing. For sure never broke the Mach 2 barrier, the fastest was M 1.95...hmhm. Although the F16 was originally designed for M2.2.......In your dreams mr General Dynamics.

So whats left????????

Its called the Concorde!!!!!! Yep that thing accelerates like hell when the four afterburners kick in..........

Andy
Well Andy:

Some of the people in this forum know I was in the Dutch air force, they fly F16. Thats what I flew. But......

I "never" went above the Fl 480 or 48.000 ft with that thing. For sure never broke the Mach 2 barrier, the fastest was M 1.95...hmhm. Although the F16 was originally designed for M2.2.......In your dreams mr General Dynamics.

So whats left????????

Its called the Concorde!!!!!! Yep that thing  accelerates like hell when the four afterburners kick in..........
Bet that was a hell of a ride Ron- Andy

Andy
Well Andy:

So whats left????????

Its called the Concorde!!!!!! Yep that thing accelerates like hell when the four afterburners kick in..........
Bet that was a hell of a ride Ron- Andy
Andy,

the ride in the Concorde was very nice, the acceleration, you did not feel it like when I did fly the F16 in cold weather....

To be more specific: the concorde has a digital speedometer in the passenger compartment, so everyone can see the speed your doing. When the afterburners did kick in, two by two you did feel it quite well, even at 39000 ft when the Concorde was in a climbing attitude to go from m .95 to M 2.0 in a matter of seconds. When I watched that speedometer I was shocked........

The F16 is a different league...low level in cdol weather it was a tremendous plane, acceleration was bad ass......but up in the dark blue skies...no comparison to the concorde.

Ronald

Back