THINK I GOOFED

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

I was looking at the back of my boat and if you set the rear tips of the propeller straight up and down, ( VERTICAL TO THE TRANSOM ), the tips of the prop are 3/16" behind the transom. Is this a bad thing ? How will it affect the boat ? If I need to correct this, what can I do about it ? The boat is a Dumas 1/8 scale 1982 Atlas Van Lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the boat meets whichever you belong to, IMPBA or NAMBA rules on where the prop hub needs to be, all is good

Your allowed one drive dog length behind the transom as per namba rules. With the prop under the boat it will just lift more but can be adjusted with different props anyway....just run it...

Your allowed one drive dog length behind the transom as per namba rules. With the prop under the boat it will just lift more but can be adjusted with different props anyway....just run it...
And while this is true, some of the clubs take this one step further. This is how the rule reads in the R/C Unlimiteds rulebook:

Outdrive units are specifically prohibited. The forward most part of the

stock propeller hub shall not lie behind the transom plane, unless scaled

from dimensions of the real boat.

A guest boat would probably be required to meet the requirements in the NAMBA/IMPBA rule book on the subject so it would more than likely be a nonissue

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be running under NAMBA rules for my district, La. I would like to try and meet the RC Unlimited rules, if I am allowed 1 drive dog length behind the transom, then I am OK. Great info, THANKS guys.

Back