The passing of an era....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick M

For those who haven't heard, Big Jim Greenemeyer passed away yesterday. One of the all time brushed motor gurus, from slot cars in the sixties to todays 05 car motors, Jim was always on top of the game and at the leading edge of technology.

Rest in peace, Jim.... you'll be missed.

Patrick M said:
For those who haven't heard, Big Jim Greenemeyer passed away yesterday. One of the all time brushed motor gurus, from slot cars in the sixties to todays 05 car motors, Jim was always on top of the game and at the leading edge of technology.
Rest in peace, Jim.... you'll be missed.

103624[/snapback]

This is sad news.

Jim had built many motors for me in past years.

He will be missed.

Larry

It is sad news. I had gotten to know him the last couple of years and was fortunate enough to visit his humble home and get some motors zapped. Some of his projects he showed me were pretty fantastic. Like the power caps put on each pole of an armature to smooth out sparking and increase power.

His handywork has been stamped on most of todays 05 motors in one way or another. I know I will miss chatting with him through the web and picking his brain on motor related issues. His selfless devotion to the hobby was ever present.

This was posted by Jay Kimbrough I think it sums up what Big Jim was all about.

"Big Jim Rest in Peace

Sometime between 8:00am pacific Time and one hour ago Big Jim sat back in his chair and passed on. I could say a million things about JIm. Hard headed , grouchy, egotistic, funny, lazy, brillient, Loved science fiction, R.C cars and motors and a little red vet. He also loved his Mom, Sister and her family, and his Daughter and Granddauter, his best friends were Don Camblle, Tom Bowlin, and myself. He was a pain in the *** and I will miss him he was family.

Thats the best I can do right now.

Luv ya Jim I hope the girl of your deams and a little red vet are on the other side waiting for you.

Jay KImbrough"

He will be sorely missed by myself as well as others. I think what bugs me the most was I was got into something upon his suggestion and wanted to report to him about it, then I got busy and well you know the rest.

It definately puts an exclamation on about people may not always be around tomorrow!

Jeffrey Stevens

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back