The "MOPARBARN PTSS21 Hydro" X-Mas gift rebuild

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric stockon

Well i figured i would do a rebuild thread on the PTSS21 i received from Robin Stebbins a.k.a. MOPARBARN for Christmas. (thanks again, Robin)

its a very solid hull, no crash damage just bad paint, hardware is nice and he even left me the steering servo.

DSCF9259.JPGDSCF9258.JPG

so stripping began, lots of lacquer thinner and scotch brite pads

DSCF9263.JPGDSCF9264.JPGDSCF9265.JPGDSCF9268.JPG

did some repairs to the radiobox and got all my stuff in it.

DSCF9275.JPG

filled some un-needed holes with epoxy, did some filling and sanding, got the front radiobox stay back in, i think its ready to get some primer on it.

DSCF9274.JPGDSCF9276.JPG

hopefully updates will come soon.

well still no paint but i did pick up a engine for it (picco exr 21 circa 1994) that fits right found a new header on ebay cheap and got it and the pipe fitted, rounded up all the other lil stuff i will need now i guess its time to find some cash and a painter.

DSCF9308.JPG DSCF9312.JPG

For a base, I'd go to an auto body supply house and pick up a can or two of two part aerosol primer. That would give you a protective coating that would let you run while protecting the FG from fuel and water erosion. When the cash is available, you can clean it, scuff it and shoot it with whatever you like

That hull has gotten around. I sold it 2 years ago to a boater in Florida. The paint was Dup-Color rattle can.

See attached photos. These were taken when I sold the boat complete less motor.

1016141510-00.jpg

1016141510-03.jpg

That hull has gotten around. I sold it 2 years ago to a boater in Florida. The paint was Dup-Color rattle can.

See attached photos. These were taken when I sold the boat complete less motor.
It didn't stop travelling, I got it late in 2014 from Anthony Marquartte in N.C. So it's had at least 3 owners since the person in Fla. Let's see, Fla. to N.C. to Va. to Ill.

It looks like you're going back to the strut under the hull, Eric. I wonder how many times it been changed around/rerigged? Are you reusing the strut that was transom mounted? I like the fact that the header you're using gives more room by the radio box. Someone had cut the edge of the box to clear a "standard" curved header, looks like you filled it back in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wrong. I sold it to Anthony. I bought it from a boater here in district 4.

So it seems that it has come full circle. I did modify the radio box to fit the AA header on a AA21. I tried the strut on the transom but could not get the front to come up.

I think it was too heavy with the radio box up front.

this thing has been around more than a 2 dollar
default_biggrin.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_ohmy.png
default_sad.png
.................LOL it even got to go back home and visit its creator.

the strut was under it when i got it so i figured i would leave it there, i filled the edge of the box back in, kinda wish i didn't, the header is a lil close.

who had it when it was yellow?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, Eric. The strut was under it, somewhere in it's life it had been transom mounted. You think that header is close, should seen a "normal" (CMB) round bend 180° style. ALMOST touched even with the cut out!

Back