The cat is out of the bag

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preston_Hall

That's right folks. Now we all can know a secret to speed. Yep, right before John Finch made a run at the SAW Don Ferrette would spray a bunch of Banana Boat SPF30 sun screen into the motor. It must be the moisturizers, I don't know. You will have to ask Don. But I swear one time he shot that motor full with sun screen lotion. I am still scratching my head on that one. I think John is too! :lol: :lol:

Still laughing over that one!! :D

Note to all if I'm around- do not keep your spray-on sun screen lotion and your spray bottle of alcohol next to each other in the pit box, especially if they're about the same size and the spray heads look the same!! :p

In the heat of the moment when John's boat was being a tad difficult to start I quickly grabbed what I thought was the alcohol bottle and before anyone including myself realized it I had given the throat of the carb a nice blast of sunscreen lotion!! Too bad when we did finally get it started that John had a slight mishap coming around for a back up pass as that could have been the record run (he nailed it next time out) because it would have made for one heck of a great one liner reply to "what fuel are ya runnin'??"

"Banana Boat SPF35!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please post the brand name of the "Banana Boat SPF35", just might work for other applications as well. :D :D :D :D :D

I guess Don was trying to add a little oil to the mix. Sun tan oil that is. At times we were like the three stooooogers. Ferrette, Sutton and Finch. We did justice to Larry, Curly, and Moe. I won't mention the prop incident or the dinner at applebees. Or was that another restaurant. Don't remember. How many in your party! It was a blast!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back