The Carolina Showdown 2012

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
red roof in greensboro, there are a few right at I-46 (?) by the airport. i'd have to look at a map to be sure, it's all by memory anymore. don't even turn on the gps to get to any of the race sites ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
So what do the majority of folks do for accomodations? Greensboro, Winston Salem?
Some folks camp on site, primative style, but like robin said, the closest hotels are 30 minutes away down by the interstate. Red Roof Inn is always low cost, like $40 a night. Just a long drive twice a day!!

How many people ususally camp out? I'd be afraid to be in the woods with you in the dark James.....you being a trained killer and all... :lol:

I have a friend with a pop top but he's out of country. I'll just do the haul to hotel. Heck, Kent and I traveled 40 minutes last year just for a camping cabin at the Delmarva race.

Piedmont Triad Prop Twisters

Carolina Showdown

IMPBA District 12

May 11th-13th

OPEN WATER: Friday Noon to Dusk

CHECK IN: Friday Noon & Saturday 7 AM (IMPBA cards will be checked)

DRIVERS MEETING: Saturday 8 AM, FIRST HEAT: 8:30 AM

AWARDS: 1st, 2ND, & 3RD

CLASS LIMITATION: 3 boats registered by Monday preceding race or class will be cancelled. No entry accepted without alternate frequency. No refunds unless class is cancelled.

Hotel Accommodations

Large assortment of hotels a short distance from the pond race site. Most hotel rooms are about $50 per night. Google "Greensboro NC motels"

Loads of dining choices are also in the area. Camping of all types permitted at race site / no hookups.

NOVICE CLASS: No outriggers, all classes will run together

4 ROUNDS OF RACING.

ENTREIS RECEIVED AFTER THE MONDAY PRECEDING THE RACE WILL COST AN EXTRA 5 DOLLARS.

CLASSES: B, Open Hydro; B/P and Open Nitro Mono

B and Open O/B Tunnel; 20 Kneeler, Sport 40 and 1/8 Scale Hydro

Open Catamaran and Open Offshore

LSG Mono, Catamaran, and Outrigger, Open Twin Hydro

LS27 Sport Hydro, Novice, RTR, Jersey Skiff/Crackerbox

Classic Thunderboat Hydro, Stock Gas

We will run any class with 3 registered boats!

Any FE classes will also run depending on entries.

FEES: First boat $15, each additional boat $10; Novice $5

REFUNDS ON CANCELLATION OF CLASS ONLY

Make checks payable to: PTPT

MAIL ENTRIES TO: Blaise Recca

10325 Six Forks Rd

Raleigh, NC 27615

**MAIL ENTRIES WITH ACCOMPANING FUNDS, NO PHONE ENTRIES**

CONTACTS: Blaise Recca 919-491-2885 Mudbug Hamric 336-602-5533

Name_______________________________________IMPBA #_________________

Phone (home)_______________________Phone (work)______________________

Address____________________________________City___________________State______Zip____

CLASS

CHANNEL

ALT CHANNEL

ENTRY FEE

TOTAL

Thanks for the Novice class, got two in that one, maybe three if you count Carter as novice?

how bout a 20 kneeler class, if Beasley, Carol & Dick Loeb show up, with mine it will be 4 ? ? ?

Is this going to be put in with RC Race Events it makes it so much easier to sign up an score

Got the word from Blaise, he said if we bring three kneelers they run the class, So James and Ron bring them kneelers . .

Back