The best i could muster at the 2003 show

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

Well gang the best i could muster was a 3rd place finnish in mod tunnel with my Villain S1. Even thought i was running stock power and my boat had OK speed compaird to the rest for the boats, my boat was just to light for the bumpy water. The HTB boats were running real good and the guys that were driving them are top knotch drivers.

Stock class was a real pooper as the water was just no good for our boat.

Next year we hope to turn the tide. As some of you know we are working on a new prototype hull just for mod racing and we will begin testing soon.

As the boat is compleded we will snap some top secret pics and get them posted.

A few notes about the new boat.

It is designed for mod power.. Full blown bad ass HP.

next, it is not a streched S1.. it is a new design. It has a name but we are holding that back for now. However we did steal the sponson crown from the S1 for this boat.

For the time being we will use the sprint 7.5 cowl..the new one is not done.

The boat is all wood...no foam..

It is 31" long.

More info after tesing.

Grim

Sure Grim...we know...excuses, excuses! :p

Anyway, it must have been exciting to be there...wish I could have. Better luck next year! ;)

Snowdog

Look at the top five in oval here, its a who's who of the Hot Dogs in .21 tunnel.

You will give em Hell next year Man ;)

Cant wait for pics of the new hull, Sounds KEWL!!!!

Gene ;D

I don't care if you think you did bad, Grimmy. I got a bitchin' boat and I drive it whenever I can. Everyday is just as fun as the first day. But that's just me.

Thanks to you,

Jeff

Grim,

What about your run with the NINJA! Great results in the trials...and the heat racing was not too shabby either! Can't wait to get mine in the water!

I've got to call you re Villain testing results.

Congrats!

Rick

Hey Grim ... What do you mean the water conditions were no good for Sport 21 Tunnel??? It was fine for me and my ''WOOD-STUFF'' boat. A perfect score says it all. ;)

LOL ....................... Randy

Hope to race against you again. No white-caps this time. ;D

Randy

You are indeed right. There was no chance that the Villain S1 was going to run with you on that water. Mike Crawfords boats will run on anything (you proved it) and if thats what it takes to win then you had the best boat. Your boat was making it around and getting the finishes. Good job. I know that i could have been more competitive if the water was better.. we had good water this last weekend. right Ron, Crash and SHJ.. ( Hey Randy SHhhh...im just getting a little dig in there for whooping up on the piped HTB this last weekend with my Villain S1).

The pain of getting beat up on by a non-piped boat is like getting run over by a stamped of beer drinking hockey players that just lost the big game. (trying to relate with our northern friends, Canada) lol

I was going to name my dog Hosehead but my wife would not let me.. ;D

Bottom line is that it was fun to race with you and the others no mater what the water.

Hope to race with you soon. You have a great family and a very good racing program.

Grim ;D

Jeff

I better get back to you on this. I been stupid busy

When i go racing i hope to do well. We test out boats and make a final decision on its setup. We time laps and get some MPH readings. When we have done the best we can we leave the boat alone. To me this is the best hand i can deal. We make minor changes to the boats at the race but only safety changes, never adding speed changes like trying to adjust the motor mount to find more.. When the motor mount is set it is never moved. If we need more speed we go to the motor to get it. If we need more speed and handling we go to the prop to get that. As you can imagine however, it takes motor mount adjustments to get the base line set up but you get the idea.

It is very seldom that im unhappy with my performance at a race. If my boat is not up to snuff for the water conditions then so be it. We still have a good time chatting with the other racers. If i make a huge driving error then i have to evaluate what i did wrong and its at this time that i can be hard on myself. I never blame another boat or driver for anything. If im on the water crap can happen and im at risk as much as the next guy. Its easer to apologize for a mishap even if you know that it was the other guys boat that caused the problem.

One thing about boat racing that i like the most are the people.. Boaters are a great group of people and i ought to know i have been involved on many, many, many forums of miniature motor sports. Boat racers are the best hands down. Dont beleave me..spend about an hour at the local slot track during a USRA event..

Rock on

Grim

Grim and all you other ''Hardcore'' outboard guys.

If you ever get the chance, you should attend one of the Elmira, NY races. Sport 21 and Mod 21 tunnel are VERY popular in IMPBA District 1. Usually have between 12 and 18 of each class. Great racing in a well sheltered area.

Thanks ....................... Randy

Randy

Good information. I would love to do that some time. We in Dist 4 also have some great OB racing. We have races like the 3.5cc Wisconsin State Championships and the Ultimate 21 shootout. Both good places to see and compete in some tunnel racing.

Im looking forward to the John Spangler tunnel race in a few weeks as it is one of the oldest running tunnel racing events in the nation.

Common guys lets get tunnel racing.

Grimracer

Back