Tampa Model Boaters NAMBA distric 3 race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to thank Wayne Farrow for allowing me to drive his Jersey Skiff in the last heat. He was so good in that class, that he had the class won before the last heat.

The Jersey Skiff contestants decided to race on the offshore course and it was a blast. I have seen the full sized Jersey Skiffs run at the Dayton Hydro Bowl MANY years ago and I thought the way that they rollup on their sides was neat. The models looked like they would be fun to drive and they sure were. Tough class to try out with no practice, but it was a learning experience.

This race was so much fun and everyone enjoyed watching it, so most decided in the future, that we would have 2 heats of "Roundy Round" and 2 heats of Offshore. What a BLAST....

Thanks to all the contestants who came to our Tampa Race. Weather was perfect (hot) with flat water and no rain. Race ran off without a hitch and we got done and sent everyone home early afternoon.

Now for a few days of rest..... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a great time even though my sport40 came apart almost taped it up just to run it, it was running so good time for a new one see ya all at the next race Robert

Hats off to the Tampa crew for a perfectly run race. The racing was fast and clean due to Marty and Rod's awesome job CD'ing the races and keeping the calls fair.

Tammy and Wayne Farrow would be perfect candidates for 40 or 60 hydro. I think they got these gas boats figured out :) I bet with a couple good 70-80 MPH hydros they would be a blast to race against. :D
Thanks Norm but I don't see myself running nitro anytime soon. Had my fill of it years ago BUT if we ever get to run gas twins you know I'll be in the mix for sure!!!!

I want to thank Wayne Farrow for allowing me to drive his Jersey Skiff in the last heat. He was so good in that class, that he had the class won before the last heat.
The Jersey Skiff contestants decided to race on the offshore course and it was a blast. I have seen the full sized Jersey Skiffs run at the Dayton Hydro Bowl MANY years ago and I thought the way that they rollup on their sides was neat. The models looked like they would be fun to drive and they sure were. Tough class to try out with no practice, but it was a learning experience.

This race was so much fun and everyone enjoyed watching it, so most decided in the future, that we would have 2 heats of "Roundy Round" and 2 heats of Offshore. What a BLAST....
Marty.....Your welcome.

The last round of Skiff was quite entertaining and it was great seeing Marty acting like a little kid. His smile went from ear to ear. Hey Marty you can breath now the race is over!!!! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back