Swordfish 300

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, If the motor got wet flood it with WD 40 and reoil the bearings so the motor stator does not rust.

John, If the motor got wet flood it with WD 40 and reoil the bearings so the motor stator does not rust.
Thanks Jim.

Ran it again today after work. Moved the batteries two inches forward and got the cg to 32.8 percent. Changed props and increased pitch by .43 inches. The boat handled well with the more forward cg. Lost 6,900 rpm with having more pitch and drew 330 amps at top end for the two seconds I could stay in the throttle at top speed. Boat ran clean.........Results...............bigger prop, less rpm, 1.9 mph slower. The smaller prop was faster at higher rpm. I think at this point I will put the swordfish in my spare parts box as backup controller for my 1/8th scale electric boat and get the scale ready for The Fort Richie race in two weeks. It needs some tweaking to be ready.

john

I had time to make another experiment at the pond. i set the transmitter to 100 percent instead of 120 percent. the boat went only 65 mph on radar with the m445 at 2.55 pitch and the data logger showed when i pulled the throttle to ful throttle the max output was only 91.2 percent and only drew 210 amps. If you want full power you have to have the tx at 120 percent. So that answers the question we talked about earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back