Surface drive Cracker box

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Andris Golts

I have plans for Jerry Dunlaps 1/8 scale Cracker box it shows a submerged drive on the drawings with a very sharp bend in the stuffing tube im interested to know if any one has tried a surface drive setup on a Cracker box and what the results were i always used surface drive on my own design of monohulls. To power the Cracker box im using a O.S. .12 cv c/w tuned pipe.

MIne is a fiberglass Crakerbox but it is set up with a surface drive one of speedmasters stinger struts shortened to meet IMPBA rules. works great very easy to set up and trim.

Unlike in IMPBA, NAMBA Crackerboxes run piped engines and should be faster. Many racers experimented with surface drive and find that subsurface drive with a turn fin and carefully trimmed trim tabs corners better.

Lohring Miller

I am building a 42" Cracker for Electric power and have the same delema. Namba and IMPBA both require sub surface and straight drives. Id like the boat to turn out more scale so would like to keep the drive shaft straight. Do any Gas boats use Straight shafts? The Dunlap plans show sub surface but a flex shaft to reduce drive angle to almost flat. Its hard to find substantail info on racing Crackers. If anyone has any links to post it would be a great help.

Thanks

LOU

Andris is there any nitro saws being run int Ont this fall. A couple members of MMM FE are going to run up in Barrie Oct 25th or 26th. We have a timing set up(manual) and are working on getting radar.

Hi Lou there are no nitro saw time trials in the area period as i have been working all summer seting up and dialing in my new design of a .12 rigger. the Barrie deal sounds neat i have a cottage on the south shore of lake Simcoe about 1 hr away from Barrie. Regards Andris

Latest posts

Back