super vee 27 brushless

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAMBA860

i have not had very good sucsess with this boat. i will charge up 2 4200 battery packs put them in the boat the boat will take off like a bat out of hell then it will just stop out in the middle of the pond sometimes i let it sit for a while and i can get it to come back but most or the time i have to retrive it. i thought it might be something with the battery packs but i ran both in a car i hade and they worked just fine in that. please i need some help my 8 year old son is loosing intrest in his first boat,shane p.s. the boat has ran threw the batterys on a full run three times only.

i have not had very good sucsess with this boat. i will charge up 2 4200 battery packs put them in the boat the boat will take off like a bat out of hell then it will just stop out in the middle of the pond sometimes i let it sit for a while and i can get it to come back but most or the time i have to retrive it. i thought it might be something with the battery packs but i ran both in a car i hade and they worked just fine in that. please i need some help my 8 year old son is loosing intrest in his first boat,shane p.s. the boat has ran threw the batterys on a full run three times only.

How long are you getting before it stops?? I ran mine at first with NiMH (3800's) and basically got 4 to 6 minutes depending on how hard you run. I changed over to Lipos and it is faster with slightly longer run times (larger packs).

ALso, is everything dry inside?? Water will shut down the ESC. Also make sure the cooling is working, if the ESC gets hot it will shut down as well.

But try to describe your situation a bit better if you can.

Worst comes to worse, I am coming to your fair City just before Christmas. I plan on bringing a couple of electric boats to run. If you haven't sorted things out I'd be glad to get with you to see what I can do to help.

I'll be there Monday to Thursday 12/22 to 12/25.

I am sorry to hear of your problems with the SV 27. I have a couple of these and they both run very well. What prop are you running and what voltage / cell types are you running for batteries? I will be glad to offer any help I can. We certainly don't want your son to lose interest in the boat as I am sure he will enjoy hours of fun once everything is resolved.

Mike

The motor is not always aligned decently to the flex shaft. This could cause the motor to heat up or pull more amps than desired. This may be causing the speed-o to shut down and when cools be able to re-start. Check the motor shaft to flex shaft alignment 1st.

Are you using the BEC? If so, it's another thing to try to trouble-shoot.

Pull the center wire from the ESC lead that plugs into the receiver. Then, run a separate battery pack for the receiver (4 AA or AAA's or 5 rechargeable AA or AAA's).

What prop are you using.. Most new FE guys say the take off is to slow (cavatate) not take off like a BOH..

Thanks

Grim

Back