Strut and rudder combos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Hey Guys,

I am putting together a UL125 FE hydro and would like to hear some suggestions on your preferences

Hull is 24.5" long...

Kris

I just purchased a hardware set from Joe Solinger. It is the highest quality hardware I have seen for this size of boat. And the design is very good.

He's on the board here. Strut and rudder combo costs 68 I think. Worth every penny.

I think there are pics of it in the gallery.

Hey Guys,

Mark, Rays Hardware looks VERY nice...just wanted to see if anyone else had some other good options :)

I looked up the pictures on Joe's hardware and it looks sweet! I am getting an estimate ;-)

Kris

Joes hardware is a great price for what it is!

He is at the top of my list so far :) Thanks for pointing him out to me guys!

I may be getting a Fuller skin fin also

Kris

Kris Flynn said:
Joes hardware is a great price for what it is!
He is at the top of my list so far :) Thanks for pointing him out to me guys!

I may be getting a Fuller skin fin also

Kris

85570[/snapback]

Get one of Grim's fins for that FE Sport Hydro, you will not go wrong.

Are you going to use 8 or 12 cell??

Larry

Larry,

I will be running 12 cells.

I didnt mention the Grimracer fin because it needs to mount on the side, where as i trhink i need one to mount to the rear of the sponsons?

Thanks

Kris

Kris Flynn said:
Larry,
I will be running 12 cells.

I didnt mention the Grimracer fin because it needs to mount on the side, where as i trhink i need one to mount to the rear of the sponsons?

Thanks

Kris

86096[/snapback]

Kris

This fin does mount at the rear of the sponson.

Larry

Thanks Larry,

I couldnt see the bracket it mounts to, therefor i didnt think it had one :)

Kris

Kris,

Are you going 700 or BL power?

I'm thinking of trying one of those Grimracer fins on my Cabover 24, they look great and the price is right.

Scott.

Hey Kris,

That should be awesome! There's one set up like that here -

http://www.kelownafastelectrics.com/wildfire2.html

I finally got my BL package- went for the 8XL and Hacker 70. It screams in my 26" mono, David and I have been having some fun racing. Speeds are very close.

I got my Grim fins last week, I'll take a pic for you when I mount it (tomorrow). Will post next week.

Have a great Easter!

Back