STORM Race #3 is ON -hosted by SOWEGA Nov 6-7

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT HAPPENED to scale & sport-40 on the race flyer?????????????????????????????????/

Are these 2 classes still being offered,,,,,,,,,,,,, They were on the original flyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Scale Class would put me into a not coming mode as I am only racing 20 Tunnel, 20 Mono and Scale right now. The original flyer did not offer 20 Mono so that left me with the Tunnel and Scale but if there is no Scale I wont be coming for one class! :(

Emails back & forth with Rick Beardon,,,, I guess they don't get on here much to see there was chatter about these 2 classes

We have had these two classes on the flyer since day one of the GP series.

We have had three boats come to our two races probably twice in the last three years.

So when we added the Mod VP and the 45 Outlaw to acommodate the STORM series we decided to drop these two classes that no one was showing interest in.

We always had to run around and try to find a third boat just to make these classes.

t ----- Original Message -----

To: Rick Bearden

Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:04 AM

Subject: Re: SOWEGA race

That's nice,,,,,

I had probably 8 scales & 5 to 6 sport-40's lined up to attend this event, all except for myself are tunnel, and FE racers, that were willing to make the trip because of the STORM series colabiration put together with the Grand Prix series.

I guess you guys are just a layed back group of model boaters!!!!

Guess I'm more interested in racing.

Rick Bellinger

--- On Mon, 10/4/10, Rick Bearden <[email protected]> wrote:

To: "Rick and Chris Bellinger" <[email protected]>

Date: Monday, October 4, 2010, 8:18 AM

Rick,

We haven't had any sport 40 or scale boats entered for the last two seasons so we dropped them to pick up the 45 superstock and Mod VP boats for this race.

Ricky B.

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 9:23 PM

Subject: SOWEGA race

Ricky;

Don't know if it was intentional, or just an oversight?

But the race flyer now posted on the SOWEGA website no longer have scale or sport-40 listed.

I sure hope it was an oversight.

Please let me know

Rick Bellinger

107 boats signed up so far :) looking good. The pod's are coming!!!
The V-Pads will be ready and maybe Poole will unleash his newest OMC. Short course will be turning and accelerating, could get interesting. Wonder what the boat count per class is so far?

Mic

Rick guess we wont be coming with them dropping those classes no reason to drive that far to enter 2 boats.

I also emailed SOWEGA about this and never got an answer at all.

I was looking forward to this race and seeing Rick and others that I have not seen in ever however I wont be coming for one Tunnel class! I will just tell the wife I want my Gator football ticket back and she will have to go with me instead of her friend LOL.

WHAT HAPPENED to scale & sport-40 on the race flyer?????????????????????????????????/

Are these 2 classes still being offered,,,,,,,,,,,,, They were on the original flyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Scale Class would put me into a not coming mode as I am only racing 20 Tunnel, 20 Mono and Scale right now. The original flyer did not offer 20 Mono so that left me with the Tunnel and Scale but if there is no Scale I wont be coming for one class! :(

Emails back & forth with Rick Beardon,,,, I guess they don't get on here much to see there was chatter about these 2 classes

We have had these two classes on the flyer since day one of the GP series.

We have had three boats come to our two races probably twice in the last three years.

So when we added the Mod VP and the 45 Outlaw to acommodate the STORM series we decided to drop these two classes that no one was showing interest in.

We always had to run around and try to find a third boat just to make these classes.

t ----- Original Message -----

To: Rick Bearden

Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:04 AM

That's nice,,,,,

I had probably 8 scales & 5 to 6 sport-40's lined up to attend this event, all except for myself are tunnel, and FE racers, that were willing to make the trip because of the STORM series colabiration put together with the Grand Prix series.

I guess you guys are just a layed back group of model boaters!!!!

Guess I'm more interested in racing.

Rick Bellinger

--- On Mon, 10/4/10, Rick Bearden <[email protected]> wrote:

To: "Rick and Chris Bellinger" <[email protected]>

Date: Monday, October 4, 2010, 8:18 AM

Rick,

We haven't had any sport 40 or scale boats entered for the last two seasons so we dropped them to pick up the 45 superstock and Mod VP boats for this race.

Ricky B.

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 9:23 PM

Subject: SOWEGA race

Ricky;

Don't know if it was intentional, or just an oversight?

But the race flyer now posted on the SOWEGA website no longer have scale or sport-40 listed.

I sure hope it was an oversight.

Please let me know

Rick Bellinger

Guys, dont be so quick to jump on the Sowega group. Having a group of folks 'lined up' on an internet forum, that has obviously not been monitored by the host club, is NOT the same as sending those entries in. Having entries in hand is what determines what classes will be run. This race has been posted for many months. Waiting to see what other scale boats enter is not the way to get the class going. Someone has to start it and be the point-man to build ambition, but above all else, you gotta get the entries in.

Rick, with your over use of punctuation (!!!!!! - ????????????) , and lack of tact in the reply email to Ricky, it comes across as a very negative/derogatory way to 'promote' the class you guys obviously want to get back going in the area. Knowing Ricky and Jim well, I have a hard time believing they would have done that if they had known what was being 'planned' for the scale class. Their contact info has been posted on the flyer from day one.

Can you seriously blame them for dropping the class when on the past couple of years there has been little to zero interest? They had no idea you guys were planning this? The only thing they have to go on is actual entries

I hold nothing against SOWEGA however changing a race flyer after it had been posted is not a good way to promote your event. Once that flyer hits the airwaves its set in stone and theres no changing it.

I dont have a lot of money to just send in an entry on a wing and a prayer that the class will be held when its no longer on the flyer :huh:

Was looking forward to seeing you too James but I guess it will have to wait. Maybe you could find your way down to Orlando to race at the Winter Nats in 2011.

Guys, dont be so quick to jump on the Sowega group. Having a group of folks 'lined up' on an internet forum, that has obviously not been monitored by the host club, is NOT the same as sending those entries in. Having entries in hand is what determines what classes will be run. This race has been posted for many months. Waiting to see what other scale boats enter is not the way to get the class going. Someone has to start it and be the point-man to build ambition, but above all else, you gotta get the entries in.

Rick, with your over use of punctuation (!!!!!! - ????????????) , and lack of tact in the reply email to Ricky, it comes across as a very negative/derogatory way to 'promote' the class you guys obviously want to get back going in the area. Knowing Ricky and Jim well, I have a hard time believing they would have done that if they had known what was being 'planned' for the scale class. Their contact info has been posted on the flyer from day one.

Can you seriously blame them for dropping the class when on the past couple of years there has been little to zero interest? They had no idea you guys were planning this? The only thing they have to go on is actual entries
Well, I guess an apology is in order, Sorry fellas.

You say negative/derogatory. I say direct and to the point.

Now. I must say, I agree with Ron Byrd. It should not have been removed from the flyer, after it was the only flyer available for months.

Maybe we can get something going for next year?

Rick,

Man I'm sorry for the confusion that I have caused.

I have always liked the Sport 40 and Scale boats.

I have always wanted a scale boat but am not smart enough to build one.

Over the years we have had the same 3 or 4 guys running these classes but no one has entered them in the past few years and when Bill and Mic approached SOWEGA about incorporating the STORM race into our Grand Prix Race I thought it would be a great way to get some new boaters to our series and help the STORM guys keep their series going.

To add the 45 Outlaw and Mod-VP classes to accomodate the STORM Series I dropped the Scale and Sport 40 classes for this one race to keep the race to 21 classes.

Yes the original flyer had the Scale and Sport 40 classes on it as it was to be a Grand Prix race only and then we were approached by the STORM Series and the flyer was changed.

Once flyer is out it should be written in stone but this was a special circumstance and if we didn't change the flyer no STORM race would have been scheduled.

I very rarely visit IW and will now be visiting more frequently to maybe avoid future conflicts and see whats going on in the IW world.

The Grand Prix Series was started as a Gas and Nitro Tunnel series and has really grown over the past few years when we added the Fast Electrics.

I would love to see the Scale and Sport 40 classes running and we will be hosting the first Grand Prix race of 2011 in February and we will have these classes back on the flyer.

It appears you have the contacts, so gather up the Scale and Sport 40 guys and come race with us in February and compete for the "Champions" jacket.

You will be welcomed and will not find a better bunch of racers and I mean Racers not Boaters any where you have ever raced.

Thanks, and again I am sorry for the confusion I have caused.

Rick Bearden

Ricky;

Thanks for the update, and understanding.

I will start working my contacts early, to see if we can rally the troops and make the 2 classes, since some of the scale, sport-40 racers from Florida, are also tunnel racers, we may be able to get that done, and a few numbers to the already established Grand Prix classes

Back