STORM Race #3 is ON -hosted by SOWEGA Nov 6-7

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTV Boats

Well it is official the Savannah race and date have been moved to Sycamore Ga on Nov 6-7. We will be blending in with the SOWEGA Grand Prix race as they run tunnels & gas and will add Mod-VP and Outlaw 45 for us at this event. So the tunnel guys that normally run the GP series will score points there and in our STORM seres both. Their flyer will be updated adding both classes so just enter with the SOWEGA form.

http://www.sowegamodelboaters.com/

Nice to have them involved in our series and we hope it will become an annual event. Bear in mind NAMBA members need to pay a $10 one time entry fee. (statement corrected per John Knights info)

So get your entries in and we will see you all in Georgia for a really great race!

Let the Smack Talk begin.

Mic

Mod-VP guys we have a new V-PAD monster to deal with the Tunnel POD people! :D :lol: :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Gang,

For clarification for the IMPBA membership:

1. There is a $10 fee PER EVENT looking at the form under the OTHER organization membership provision. The membership form does not limit it to one time use like NAMBA does. IMPBA did at one time but that was removed several years ago. You can attend several IMPBA events if desired and not join IMPBA.

2. After Sept 01, the IMPBA membership fee drops to $30 for the remainder of the calendar year.

If I am wrong, I am sure there will be some that will correct me.

Just looked at the NAMBA single event form and it states that a single event membership can only be used once in a calendar year. So I stand corrected and John is right. I knew it was one or the other. Namba members good to go to IMPBA multple races $10 an event.

Mic

..........and the first all composite OMC is out of the mold. No more wood in it. This one is spoken for but I will have one for myself shortly.

This is not a tunnel only event. Just works well for the STRA guys (& girls) as they run all but two of the tunnel classes we run and are accomodating us for this event. Bonus here for us as there are some other popular classes to enter.

Also adds to the variety of driving styles for the STORM series as this is a 8 lap short course. So tunnel drivers in our series have a variety, straight up 6 lap at Charleston, Tri-Oval at Brandon and now a short couse. Winners of this series will be an all around racer. Next year I hope we can add official timmed laps and possibly SAW into the scoring format at Brandon.

Now for Mr. Pooles use of the throttle or lack of it as we have seen in past races, BRING IT! The tunnel pod people are upping the ante' anyway. The Tunnel V-pad is water ready and faster than before. Just remember when you "sand bag" you don't need to put the bag in your hull. Maybe the JAX boys and Kevin will show their faces too. At least the SOWEGA guys aren't in for too much culture shock as they have weathered the Atwells before. Be nice or I'll put a V-Pad in Whiddon's hands if the pod people haven't assimilated him yet.

Mic

Come on Dude, lane 10,,,,,your more competitive than that.

Trying to talk a few of the tunnel heads from South Florida to come up, that also have scale boats, would be a good fit.

Do they allow overnighting with RV's at this lake?

Also, do you have a direct email for the Atwell brothers

Rick, I think the Atwells still have scales boats, and sport 40 boats. I would hound them.

Here are the emails i have for them, cant remember which ones work and which ones dont, but send the email to all four, and you should get a response from one of them. Probably Tonya since his big brother is lame and doesnt know how to use computers well. (love ya Mitch! ) Of course you will have to replace the "AT" with "@".

atwellATvestcor.com

matwellATlaramargroup.com

matwellATlaramar.com

atwellATjdrcompanies.com

And yes, they allow RV's to overnight at the lake. No hookups, but plenty of parking room. I will be staying at the pond in my camping trailer, and I am sure Jeni and Deryl will be in their new motorhome.

Mic, you forget Whiddon is use to those rock solid rides. I felt sorry for the Dogfather at the WTC and told him how to drive a Mod-VP through the corners. You better give Whiddon some pointers so he does not hook, dip, flip, blow and dunk. Oh and I have not forgot about you throwing me under the bus on live broadcast. And your V Maxi Pad boat don't scare me either. :p

Who are the tunnel pod guys? So, what is a Lynx with a pod.....a Trynx?

Well it is official the Savannah race and date have been moved to Sycamore Ga on Nov 6-7. We will be blending in with the SOWEGA Grand Prix race as they run tunnels & gas and will add Mod-VP and Outlaw 45 for us at this event. So the tunnel guys that normally run the GP series will score points there and in our STORM seres both. Their flyer will be updated adding both classes so just enter with the SOWEGA form.

http://www.sowegamodelboaters.com/

Nice to have them involved in our series and we hope it will become an annual event. Bear in mind NAMBA members need to pay a $10 one time entry fee. (statement corrected per John Knights info)

So get your entries in and we will see you all in Georgia for a really great race!

Let the Smack Talk begin.

Mic

Mod-VP guys we have a new V-PAD monster to deal with the Tunnel POD people! :D :lol: :p
Evening Mic;

Since this is now being run in conjuction with the SOWEGA Grand Prix, should this be moved over to the races & results so more than just the tunnel heads see it?

I'm trying to rally some scale & sport-40 runners to attend this race

Rick if Rhonda and I can get Ron and Mary to go we will be there 2 tunels and a sport40 oh i get to beat the guy that built mine mmmmmmm lol

Rick,

Look forward to seeing you at the race. Most of our tunnel events have played well using the outboard forum so we tend to just advertise here. This is also SOWEGA's show and we are guests that do not want to take over. They can do the hype on the race results page or Jims at their disgression. Nice to have a variety of other classes and we plan to bring a few gassers too.

Mic

Very cool, hopefully by then my situation will be ironed out and the family and I can make the road trip.

Old red is getting tired of sitting around ;)

Andy

Very cool, hopefully by then my situation will be ironed out and the family and I can make the road trip.

Old red is getting tired of sitting around ;)

Andy
Would be good to see you Andy, work on making it up,

Don't I remember someone saying YOU had another scale boat????

You sure haven't said anything about that recently

Back