Steering

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOTOboat

I was wondering if using CA to glue the motor connectors to the Steering cable is adequately strong for a 3.5.

I like the look of cable steering and intend to use a pulley on the Servo with Nylon quick connects at the MOTOR.

Any nasty surprises for me with this setup

MOTOboat

Hi

If you mean that you will glue the cable inside a brass coupler that connects to a clevis or a plastic coupler with screw, then you can do that. It is strong enough for 3.5 engines.

I use push rods that are glued, but for other boats, I know some people use cable systems as push-pull or pull-pull and glueing is done with CA .

Ronald.

Hi

If you mean that you will glue the cable inside a brass coupler that connects to a clevis or a plastic coupler with screw, then you can do that. It is strong enough for 3.5 engines.

I use push rods that are glued, but for other boats, I know some people use cable systems as push-pull or pull-pull and glueing is done with CA .

Ronald.

Yeah I forgot the name of the "connector" - clevis. I'm using a pull-pull. I find the clevis a bit of a pain to remove so was intending to use an Nylon Quick Connect. I've seen the plastic with "Ball" joint type end pieces and imaging they are the strongest, just also like to make things east to remove for maintenance.

Not seen many NITRO OB use Nylon quick connect (saw a picture on the net once), so I was wondering if they don't work well. I use them for all my FE since I pull the motor off after each day.

I've rigged a few FE Outboards but this is my first Nitro. I'd hate to see my maiden voyage end with a barrel roll because I under estimated the steering.. :)

THX

MOTOboat

If you are using nylon clevisis, I strongly suggest, take the metal ones. They are much stronger, needed for the forces that can be there on Ob's. Just my two cents..............

I don't know a trick or so to remove them, but with a strong small screwdriver they will flip open.

Ronald.

Back