starting back up again

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter mueller

Hi,everyone, 1st post here.

15yrs ago i sold my boats, motors( prather deep v picco65, crapshooter picco 80, and mongoose picco80).

think my late wife was more disappointed then i was.

anyways i have a 18acre lake in my backyard now and am ready to start up again.

been reading up on .21 hydros and the jae comes up quite a bit. $90 seems to be a nice price.

hardware and motor are my next search.

time for some reading

Hi,everyone, 1st post here.

15yrs ago i sold my boats, motors( prather deep v picco65, crapshooter picco 80, and mongoose picco80).

think my late wife was more disappointed then i was.

anyways i have a 18acre lake in my backyard now and am ready to start up again.

been reading up on .21 hydros and the jae comes up quite a bit. $90 seems to be a nice price.

hardware and motor are my next search.

time for some reading
Welcome back Peter...... 1st FRESH SNIFF of Nitro is FREE ........jw

welcome back sir....the jae is a great boat and boy when you see the speeds you are gonna be in your glory...i honestly dont think you can build a faster boat for cheaper...plus its super user friendly...

alden

Hey peter, terry here from Canada we talked last winter when I was building the backlash gas sport hydro.I have a JAE 21 rigger and for the money and you want a rigger you cannot go wrong.I have an economical .21 NR 5 port from glenn in it and speedmaster parts and it runs very well.IMHO it would be a very good hydro to start .easy to run and not much adjustments which for me is nice.Good luck and welcome back.

I'm a bit afraid that this will end up as my new cash cow. I am very bad with these things(addictive?).

So far The motors I want are out of my price range. Kinda thinking an inexpensive K&B would be a start.

The lake is surround by homes and I'm sure a piped motor will stir up the neighbors.

So my thoughts with a muffled K&B I wouldn't feel so bad restricting power for sound/$$(maybe a pull start <<- don't slap me please).

Boat/motor..lil over a $100

guess the k&b idea got no attention.

made up my mind; Top 12 5 Port from Glenn Quarles and a 12g2
Consider instead a 21G2 JAE with a TOP 21 or GO 21 (from Lights here on IW). You have many more race options open for you. Most clubs do not offer a A (.12) Hydro class. The B (.21) class runs at most all races. The JAE kits are the same price and the engines are close also.

Plenty of choices with the .21 class . a good used Novarossi or the Top or Go will give you good speed . Not being a killljoy but you will get tired of getting passed by the other engines if you get the K- B I think .

Tom, had a few email with Glenn Quarles. Gonna do small .12 NR.

This will be my starter boat. Time will tell where I go with this.

Peter,

Good choice, start with the 12 and then get the 21 once

you find your passion again. I would be happy to help

you out with some propellers for the G-2.

Just Let Me Know,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Mark, i'll be asking questions later on on props.

i made my own balancer and balanced my own but never cupped(been reading up on cupping).

the tool i found for cupping looks a bit primitive but must be effective.

looks as if accuracy is in the hands not the tool? <-- only looked at pics and lil reading

picked up kit at PO today only to find sponson foam was damaged in packing.

lots of ideas of things to make. by trade i am a moldmaker/designer/programer(3-5axis)...

i dont see anything i can't make(i'll be getting data(cmm) off some props and will be playing).

i'll be posting pics on my server of progress and notes

Welcome back Peter
I think some of us thought you were a different peter mueller...what are the odds??? The peter who races here in florida with us..hes been lost this whole year..

Has anyone heard from him?? hes has a brand new Twin eagle with a pair of vac 90"s waiting to hit the water..we miss racing with you

Welcome back, these guys will point you in the right direction, I too am coming back from a 10yr recess,and they have been great. good luck on your return!

i have frequent'd the davy area, but not with a boat.

my 1st was in 1980. prather/pico.

my late wife loved this stuff. my not yet wife is a bit confused.

she'll understand soon enough that 'my time' will be with this or my 67 chevy.

darn it, should i have waited to finish trimming the floors?

Back