• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Starter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daniel Place sells some very nice ones on the Dock. See pic. Starts everything from singles to inlines.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-165009_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-165009_Chrome.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 67
It has been a month already since you asked so you would have had one by now easily.

Usually only a week to make one when I am not in the middle of a promised boat build or something. I still say 2-3 weeks to give me breathing room and I don't always have batteries for them and have to wait for it to come in.

I would buy one right now if I could get it in ten days

Shane,
Just send the money and I will build it.

Sorry I just seen this I know we have been PM ing on Jims. Just worried when people do not want the battery with it and as it turns out you would have connected it to your 24 volt set and destroyed it first hit of the button.

Just worried what your going to power it with. Don't want a brand new starter destroyed.

I can build you the starter but it needs a serious pack and if you going to run it on a cable it will need #8's.
The battery you have you said is two 12 volt LiFe in series for 24 volt which is no problem put them in parallel for 12 volt but are they even enough power. Good chance they are not and if you use the starter without the proper volt and amp getting to it you will ruin it.
What are the batteries exactly ? Do they have small flat quick connect tabs on them ? You said LiFe but they wouldn't be 12 volt then. If they are like alarm gel cells they are not suitable. This is a ATV starter motor and it draws lots of amps. 4000 minimum mah with 60C discharge rating at least.

So I use to use two rectangle dry cell 12 volt battery’s from hobbico. Now I bought the same exact size battery to fit in the compartment but it says life on it. 12 volt running two together for 24 volts.

So I use to use two rectangle dry cell 12 volt battery’s from hobbico. Now I bought the same exact size battery to fit in the compartment but it says life on it. 12 volt running two together for 24 volts.

Shane,
Going to pass on building starter. I ordered everything to build it and it is here already but I am not building it for someone determined to smoke it.

All the while your still making offers to buy another starter. Not wasting any more time on this.

After all the talking about it being a 12 volt starter and anything over 13.2 volt will ruin it and your still looking to put 24 volt to it.

This is why I do not like selling them without the proper battery. Spent long enough talking about it I could have almost built the starter
already.

Having just quick connect terminals on the 12.8 volt LiFe battery you have there tells you it isn't really made for high loads but two in parallel probably would have worked fine. Only 12.8 volts with 2 in parallel which is perfect. I recommend the LiFe pack but not one with battery management system as good chance they may kick out the battery under high loads. That battery has BMS which may not be suitable for high loads depending on how it was programmed to protect the battery..

Look at this 15 ah. Only showing because it has the specs on it's BMS. It is 1 1/2 times the size of your 10AH and still would be no good for a starter. You can only draw 15 amp. Only allows 1C discharge or it cuts battery off.

Amazon.com: LOSSIGY 12 Volt Lithium Ion Battery 15Ah Rechargeable Lifepo4 Battery Built in 15A BMS Maintenance-Free Battery, The Prefect Replacement Wheelchairs, Trolling Motors, Scooters, UPS : Health & Household

Last edited:
I willing to buy the starter just as you make it with the correct battery. I was just asking if I could still use these the battery’s I just bought. If you want to build it I will buy it if don’t that’s fine to let me know.

I willing to buy the starter just as you make it with the correct battery. I was just asking if I could still use these the battery’s I just bought. If you want to build it I will buy it if don’t that’s fine to let me know.

Shane,
Please send the $325 and $15 shipping to [email protected]

I got a good start on it today. Got some of the parts cut up and ready for machining and a few parts made.

Thank you,
Daniel

Last edited:

Shane,
Built this starter ASAP for you.

Starter is done and ready to ship.

Please send the $340 to [email protected]

Kinda needs to ship today if you expect it by Tuesday.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back