starter motor??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul heuston

hey all

just wondering what is the best way to set up a starter made from a motor bike starter.

any help and suggestions would help me and others that can not find any other topic on the site.

thanks

paul

Do you just mean for the wiring of it? If so need to know the following info;

Did you get the starter solenoid for the motor also?

is it a 2 wire solenoid or a single wire item?

I use M/C starters myself as well. If you mean the starter pulley, drill out the original hole about .008-.010 less than the OD of the armatures gear end and press the pully on. I usually dissassemble the starter and place the armature against a piece of soft aluminum plate to avoid damge to the other end when pressing the pulley on. A M/C starter is usually east to dissassemble and reassemble, just put reallignment marks on things to help get it back together without problems.

sorry tim i didn't get the solenoid with it . i just got the motor.

i was just going to try and hook up a heavy duty switch to it and make a handle and place the switch in the end like a thumb trigger.

if i need a solenoid is thera any specific type or size to get???

paul

Most older ford solenoids will work fine, this will help prolong you armature life, as the solenoid will take the beating before the starter will upon the hit of the switch, will work either way though. ~ james

thanks all for your help.and the help to all the others around that wanted to make there own starter.

just so you all know i made starter from a 250 motor bike starter and a switch in the handle.

thanks all

paul

Latest posts

Back