ST stock settings

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opio

Well I pieced together a newish vegas, Gen 1 by that I mean first run with brass hardware and all lol, I have up-graded some of the hardware and motor/pipe. I just need stock setting for break in on the ST.18.

Thanks,

Jeremy!

Last edited by a moderator:
jeremy,,,that needle setting will vary widely with weather and such,,,, i would start around 3 turns and move in if you have to... just run it slobbering rich,,,basicaly to the point that you need almost half throttle to keep her running..

alden

sure thing! I figured that would be the answer that I would get lol! thanks again Alden!

no prob boss.... keep us posted on how she runs....those st engines are quite boy,,, hard to hear it actually start,,lol... but they do run good...

alden

and that would be the NW outboard and hydroplane champs. in Centrailia this coming weekend the 10th. you had better make it Jeremy.

oh i forgot about that race, Might have to be the next one sorry rick :(

sure thing!
I agree. Y535 is the best prop. I tried others x435/3, x440/2, x438/3 blade and x435/2. The engine can spin the x435 and y535 well, with the most speed out of the y535. Highest gps'd speed I squeezed with 60% nitro was 44mph. I never tried shortening the pipe to get a little more rpm out of it but my bearing went bye bye before I can do that.

Good luck

Ron

Back