Spring 2012 SAW event Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great numbers guys. It's nice when all the work pays off.

Don, 100+ for FE 1/8 scale!!! Did you melt the paint off. ;)

There was a good time to be had for sure. Everyone helped each other with setup. parts, and tips. More helping hands than I have ever seen at a record trial event. Doug.......I dub you the king of comedy. You had us laughing to tears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incredible numbers , congrats to all .

Kentley must have put an extra dose of club soda in the pond for this one.

Tim K

Congrats to all.....

Looks like you guys had a ball, shame I was not there....

Good to see Novarossi 46 set its first record(KP & Scott) sport40 record,

Regards Aaron

What was the set up on the fe 1/8th scale, and what hull?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO! Great Job Don! That's Awesome. You've got the NW 1/8th Scale guys awake now!!! Tell them it was on 8S....

Congrats on holding the twin together too... I know that's been a long time coming. Sounds like you need to put together 2 passes to bump it another 3-4mph as the boat sits....

DJ

There was a good time to be had for sure. Everyone helped each other with setup. parts, and tips. More helping hands than I have ever seen at a record trial event. Doug.......I doub you the king of comedy. You had us laughing to tears.
:lol: Many thanks to the D12 gang, Terry, Preston, Bob Austin,Wally, Chris and Jeannie (thanks for the brass) it was great to meet you guys.

I had a blast, can't wait till the next one!

Congratulations again fellas!! B)

You guys relax, I'll take it from here. :p ;)

Doug

I want to thank Doug, Don, Ben, Jason, and especially Butch for all their efforts in getting my little cat to 60mph. Thanks guys!!!

What was the set up on the fe 1/8th scale, and what hull?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO! Great Job Don! That's Awesome. You've got the NW 1/8th Scale guys awake now!!! Tell them it was on 8S....

Congrats on holding the twin together too... I know that's been a long time coming. Sounds like you need to put together 2 passes to bump it another 3-4mph as the boat sits....

DJ
Thanks DJ. :) Shucks man the FE 1/8 scale ain't nuttin' special, just a scratch built '81 Oberto runnin' a Neu 1527. :D

The new SAW twin has a lot more in it, jumped right up on the 118+ pass but my run time got cut short by one of the VAC91's sticking a drum rotor in the housing. I'll be looking for 125 at the fall event after a couple more tweaks to the motors. B)

Had a great time, sides still hurt from laughin' so hard. My buddy Doug Smock is one funny SOB. :p

Terry...........after seeing your last pass of the day Sunday i can see why you don't want to change that boat. It was ballistic! I wish it had not quit in the turn so we could have got a time on it.
Thanks John but it's too "fussy", next years boat will be like we discussed, thanks!

Ben Gugler sent this, what a wreck:

Thanks all!

Danny Schumbrecht was just 1/10 shy of the record for N Tunnel Saturday night and was unable to attend on Sunday, however with his model, I was able to push the record several times on Sunday. A special thanks goes out to Butch the Boatman for his expertise and getting this model running so well. Also another special thanks goes out to Doug Smock for his prop contributions. On the last record run, the timing didn't catch the first pass, but did catch the 2nd and 3rd which were noticeably slower. All this and we didn't even start propping up and both the ESC and the motor were cold without a hint of heat. I attribute the cold temps to the motor available through Jim at MiniCatRacing. All I can say is watchout for Danny's next trip to SAWS!

My N Sport Hydro suffered from old cells which sagged until I put Danny's cells in on Sunday night. Then she skipped on the prop on climbout and was just getting on plane at the first light. I was only able to wind her up to half throttle by the second light. In any case, Jeff Wholt's wire drives and struts did a great job the entire weekend with no hint of giving way, even on the very high RPMs I like to run. I'll have everything sorted out by the next event.

I had a great time with everyone and regret that certain folks didn't make the event due to personal reasons. Hopefully everyone's schedule will align for next time! In the meantime, I've got a few videos that I took on my phone which includes Don's 100+mph scale hydro run, Terry's wreck, some fast passes from Trent, Danny's run on Saturday, plus some others. I still have a few more videos I'll try to post.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/RCMeniscus

-Ben

Thanks again Ben for getting the record with my N cat. Does anyone know how to reach the mighty Butch?

"Degree" U/L driver Scott Liddycoat's scratch built hull and Kentley Porter after their record run:

DSCN0400.JPG

84.018 mph pass on Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CvhLK7ZLeo

Scott's "big" ride this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWGizVB_v3c

Back