Spring 2012 SAW event Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-ZAM

The ODMBA will be hosting the Spring 2012 SAW event. The event will be held on April 25-29 at Fun Junction Park 983 Simpson Ditch Road Elizabeth City, North Carolina. All classes welcome. The event will start when timing equipment is setup and working. The timing equipment will be in operation as long as the weather permits. Pre-Registration is required. To register send me an email with your contact infromation.

Every evening at 4pm only drivers whose boats have been within 5 percent of the record during the event or if you currently hold that record will be allowed to run on the short list. Those on the short list will have the water until dark. If no one on the short list elects to run at any time after 4pm open running will become effective using the daily list until such time that someone on the short list elects to run. At that time only people on the short list are eligable to run until such time that those participants are not running again. This can happen as often as the short list participants pass their turn. No one on the short list can give up their spot for someone not on the short list.

Group rates are available at the following hotels:

Fairfield Inn 252-333-1003

Hampton Inn 252-333-1800

Kentley Porter

757-642-1000

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I take the time and money to build boats, travel down there and it's windy all day (as it has been the last few SAW's in NC) and the wind dies down late afternoon (as it usually does), I cannot run. Is that correct??

the way it is put to words, YES, that is for the most part what it is saying. (at least is sounds that way to me anyways.)

But, if you do go down there as I am going to go in the Fall, and the weather is windy and dies down in the Late afternoon and such,

you better rest assured I am goinng to set the boat out on the water and run for the record.

Carl & Chilli, Kentley Porter is top notch in this business and has done more of these in his sleep than we all will ever dream about. Set more records too. The system is fair and designed to give opportunity to those that prove their metal. Time trials are not racing events and are run in a methodology that makes the maximum utilization of time and ideal conditions. Posting a complaint or an ultimatum about the event operating proceedures is not productive. If you want to participate or influence the outcome try talking to the person vice posting negative comments online, it works miracles. Respectully, James Beasley

Good Luck KP and all who attempt to bust a record. SPEED DEMONS EVERY ONE OF YOU

PLEEEEASE keep us posted on records- Videos are well received too :rolleyes:

Good Luck fella's - Knock Em Down B)

Anyone know if Mr.Harris will be in the house ????

Andy

PLEEEEASE keep us posted on records- Videos are well received too

Good Luck fella's - Knock Em Down

Anyone know if Mr.Harris will be in the house ????

Andy

Not to get off subject but from what you have posted before Mr Greene records dont mean anything. Why are you so.Interested now

No disrespect to all boaters that hold a record. You guys are the best this hobby has to offer and you achievements our well earned.

Javi

Last edited:
Carl & Chilli, Kentley Porter is top notch in this business and has done more of these in his sleep than we all will ever dream about. Set more records too. The system is fair and designed to give opportunity to those that prove their metal. Time trials are not racing events and are run in a methodology that makes the maximum utilization of time and ideal conditions. Posting a complaint or an ultimatum about the event operating proceedures is not productive. If you want to participate or influence the outcome try talking to the person vice posting negative comments online, it works miracles. Respectully, James Beasley
James, thanks for so eloquently explaining the ideology of time trials. I'm well aware of KP's credentials. I know he busts his butt every spring and fall to host trials. I also know encourages new faces to participate and freely shares his knowledge. As a matter of fact, the only reason you see my name on the record books is because of KP's help last spring.

I admit, when I saw the new format posted, it took me by surprise. When KP saw my post, he called my house but I was already at work on an evening shift. I'll get in touch with him over the next day or two and explain my concerns. I'm sure in the end, everyone who travels to Elizabeth City will get a fair chance to run in good water.

Thanks for the tips on how to get things done in D12. But I'd like to think I've brought about some productive changes in the district over the last couple of years while being respectful to all it's members.

So if I take the time and money to build boats, travel down there and it's windy all day (as it has been the last few SAW's in NC) and the wind dies down late afternoon (as it usually does), I cannot run. Is that correct??

No sir.

If you are running a N Sport Hydro and the pond has had 6" of chop on it all day of course you will be able to run when the pond goes flat.

What everyone should read in Kentley's post is come prepared to set a record in the class(es) you are running. It's not fair to the guys that are on the record to loose precious time and conditions for guys that aren't quite there. <_<

Doug

BTW You have done a fantastic job in D12!! Keep up the good work! B)

No sir.

If you are running a N Sport Hydro and the pond has had 6" of chop on it all day of course you will be able to run when the pond goes flat.

What everyone should read in Kentley's post is come prepared to set a record in the class(es) you are running. It's not fair to the guys that are on the record to loose precious time and conditions for guys that aren't quite there. <_<

Doug

BTW You have done a fantastic job in D12!! Keep up the good work! B)
I agree

I'm going to try but it's 50/50. I have two boats ready to test this weekend and another that I'll be putting together. I have alot of family stuff going on plus overtime in April. If I can get a couple days off work in the middle of the week and my boats are running where they need to be, I'll be down there. I'm not going to waste other participants time if I'm not prepared. If I can't get my sheet together in time, I'll definitely be there in the fall!

Yeah, I may go for a day or two, but I don't have any boats to run. The only hull that I have that is capable of a record is the P- O/B tunnel, and I don't think Dick will be there since he is heading to Charleston. Mike

Back